35W Bridge collapse

zachary vex

• Members

The 35W bridge going over the Mississippi collapsed at 6PM yesterday. Luckily, nobody in my immediate family was anywhere near it, and barring any bad news arriving today, none of my friends or employees were affected.

art.bridge.ap.jpg

410w.jpg

This bridge carried 200,000 commuters and trucks per day over the Mississippi. The remaining bridges spanning the river will most certainly not be able to absorb that kind of traffic. This will massively impact commerce and travel here, but luckily, the airport, FedEx and UPS are on my side of the river. Whew.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
The 35W bridge going over the Mississippi collapsed at 6PM yesterday. Luckily, nobody in my immediate family was anywhere near it, and barring any bad news arriving today, none of my friends or employees were affected.

art.bridge.ap.jpg

410w.jpg

This bridge carried 200,000 commuters and trucks per day over the Mississippi. The remaining bridges spanning the river will most certainly not be able to absorb that kind of traffic. This will massively impact commerce and travel here, but luckily, the airport, FedEx and UPS are on my side of the river. Whew.

God Brother. I hope none of your People were hurt.. I don't know about you I'm sick on my stomach just reading this.Reminds me the way I felt on 9/11 morning..

• Members

whew! thank god you weren't affected!

art.bridge.ap.jpg

410w.jpg

• Members

damn straight, me and god, we're tight.

you've revealed yourself to be quite a self-centered man... but hey we already knew that!

naaah, I'm sure you meant to add that you're praying for the people who lost loved ones and hoping that those that are missing are OK. We know you didn't mean to just talk about yourself and how this horrible tragedy didn't really affect you much.

You've revealed yourself to be quite a religious man, p'imp.

• Members

damn straight, me and god, we're tight.

you've revealed yourself to be quite a self-centered man... but hey we already knew that!

naaah, I'm sure you meant to add that you're praying for the people who lost loved ones and hoping that those that are missing are OK. We know you didn't mean to just talk about yourself and how this horrible tragedy didn't really affect you much.

Actually this about your off-the-scale self-righteous indignation. The difference between us is apparent to everyone, p'imp. I'm the guy who isn't trolling the other guy's threads.

• Members

lets face it, you think you're hot snot on a silver platter but you're really just a cold booger on a paper plate. :thu:

Actually this about your off-the-scale self-righteous indignation. The difference between us is apparent to everyone, p'imp. I'm the guy who
isn't
trolling the other guy's threads.

• Members

anyway.... I heard about it last night and was quite taken back by it.... I-35 is the main road in almost all of my travels (Minneapolis to Des Moines) I am going to the Orpheum tomorrow for a Kings Of Leon concert... Im sure this event is going to be tragic for the city for awhile... and those poor people... thankfully the kids on the school bus got off safe and sound

• Members

I wonder why the Sheriff is on TV saying they are treating it as a "CRIME SCENE"...

Just a guess: perhaps to keep the locale exactly as it is, so that structural (civil?) engineers can come by after all the people are taken to safety, and make a better assessment of what went wrong?

• Members

I was walking around the stone arch bridge right by it until 5:30 yesterday...I left for work and my sister called me and told me what happened. She hadn't heard much at the time, so I just figured a part of it fell, needless to say when I saw the footage on tv, my mind was blown. I feel real bad for everyone involved.

Archived