PP2+ arrived! finally...

justintee

• Members

After nearly a year-long search :eek: for an affordable 230V unit, mine arrived last week. and arriving also within a pretty good window of time were custom cables i ordered directly from VL.

build quality is sturdy; no complaints there and of course i would expect nothing less. i'm even impressed by the quality of the cables, cable ends, etc. i'm powering 11 pedals i think; i've got an 18V Y-cable powering 3 pedals and one other output powering another 3 9V boxes.

i haven't been able to play at full bore yet, so i can't say much about hiss/noise reduction as yet, although this issue didn't bother much anyway. i bought the PP2+ because for the pedals i'm using, it's the best for me. simply the tidiness on my board and the confidence it instills is enough to justify my purchasing it.

further comment when i've been able to crank some volume. will be staying for good of course; knocked the DC brick off to my smaller 'makeshift' board.

:thu:

• Members

arrghh...i've yet to take that jump for the PP2+ from the one-spot. i'm powering 14 pedals with it [one being a dl4] and i get the worst {censored}ing hiss/noise you have ever heard. EVER. but when i play it's drowned out and all is well again.

i know this is an ignorant question, but can the PP2+ power more pedals than there are slots? i'd love one, but i'd hate to buy it only to not be able to power my full board. sorry to hijack your thread, but congrats for taking the step to upgrade. :thu:

• Members

and i get the worst {censored}ing hiss/noise you have ever heard. EVER. but when i play it's drowned out and all is well again.

ha, i know exactly what you mean. i know i really should get a pp2 and end my hiss problems, but i can never seem to justify the cost (i'd rather have another pedal than a power adapter). i know i'll get one eventually and i'll love it...but not yet.

• Members

yeah one could easily daisy-chain an output; just stay below the current draw, and also by doing this these pedals are no longer powered in isolation.. i'm running two daisy chains... one is 18V for three pedals, the other 9V for another 3 pedals. i daisy-chained boxes that i felt weren't creating too much noise if sharing the same output and on together...

has anyone of you got photos of using the AC auxiliary outlet at the rear? i want to have a look at how some of your adapters/power plugs fit there... thinking of maybe using it to power a timefactor or a dmm :)

• Members

yeah one could easily daisy-chain an output; just stay below the current draw, and also by doing this these pedals are no longer powered in isolation.. i'm running two daisy chains... one is 18V for three pedals, the other 9V for another 3 pedals. i daisy-chained boxes that i felt weren't creating too much noise if sharing the same output and on together...

has anyone of you got photos of using the AC auxiliary outlet at the rear? i want to have a look at how some of your adapters/power plugs fit there... thinking of maybe using it to power a timefactor or a dmm
:)

This is my current setup under a pt-2. I don't use the AC Aux because I felt the wall wart would fall out. I have, however, used one of those 6" extension chords to velcro the wall wart down or i simply flipped the wall wart upsidedown for a bit but it was too cumbersome.

Donebottom.jpg

DoneBottomLeft.jpg

• Members

This is my current setup under a pt-2. I don't use the AC Aux because I felt the wall wart would fall out. I have, however, used one of those 6" extension chords to velcro the wall wart down or i simply flipped the wall wart upsidedown for a bit but it was too cumbersome.

Donebottom.jpg
DoneBottomLeft.jpg

thanks. and :thu:

the pedaltrains are a beaut looking board. seeing them always makes me wanna shave me gear down from 11 to 7 :eek:

Archived