Is there a Zendrive clone?

BadRonald

• Members

Why would you support a clone of a product that is being made?

Uh, did you read my post at all, or do you typically ramble nonsense in these threads?

If you had read my post, you'd see I DO have one. An since it takes minimum one year to get one my buddy would like to find something similar.

That's all.:cool:

• Members

I saw one on Eaby a while back.

He see's them on Ebay all the time. It's ridiculous to buy them for $450 on Ebay when they only cost $188 shipped, brand new.

Where's the clone?

Don't give me that clone crap. Clones are all you people around here buy! TS-9 clones for days. Fuzz Face clones, Univibe clones. That's what 95% of the booteek pedal building business is! Clones!

Have a nice day.:cool:

• Members

Not a Zendrive clone, but you might want to check out the Gain Stage Red, by Jetter Gear. It's another D--ble-in-a-box pedal.

$229.00, mine was shipped the day after I ordered it from guitarfetish.com. Great, personalized, service (without me asking anything, they declared it as $9.00 worth of repaired parts so I would avoid custom fees ).

See: http://www.jettergear.com/

(clips, videos, etc, .... check out also TGP, there were lenghty threads about it, and HC reviews.)

• Members

Not a Zendrive clone, but you might want to check out the Gain Stage Red, by Jetter Gear. It's another
D--ble-in-a-box
pedal.

$229.00, mine was shipped the day after I ordered it from guitarfetish.com. Great, personalized, service (they declared it at $9.00 worth of repaired parts so I could avoid custom fees).

See:

(clips, videos, etc, .... check out also TGP, there were lenghty threads about it, and HC reviews.)

guitarfetish.com are excellent. i got a pickguard/pickup setup from them off ebay, and i ended up not being able to pay for it for two weeks due to a bank cock-up and they were fine about it. the guy just said don't worry, pay it when you can. when i paid it, he sent it out same day.

• Members

Uh, did you read my post at all, or do you typically ramble nonsense in these threads?

If you had read my post, you'd see I DO have one. An since it takes minimum one year to get one my buddy would like to find something similar.

That's all.
:cool:

Yes I read it...you didn't post " Similar" you posted:

"Who makes an identical clone?"

Look into the Zendrive 2...it has a tube in it. I have #1 and like it a ton...it is very similar.

Also the thread is :

"Is there a Zendrive clone?"

Anything else I can answer for you? :)

• Members

Yes I read it...you didn't post " Similar" you posted:

"Who makes an identical clone?"

Look into the Zendrive 2...it has a tube in it. I have #1 and like it a ton...it is very similar.

Also the thread is :

"Is there a Zendrive clone?"

Anything else I can answer for you?
:)

Thank you for your input, it was invaluable.:cool:

• Members

He see's them on Ebay all the time. It's ridiculous to buy them for $450 on Ebay when they only cost $188 shipped, brand new.

Where's the clone?

Don't give me that clone crap. Clones are all you people around here buy! TS-9 clones for days. Fuzz Face clones, Univibe clones. That's what 95% of the booteek pedal building business is! Clones!

Have a nice day.
:cool:

You asked if there is a ZenDrive clone so I answered "I saw one on Ebay a while back." Meaning I saw a clone on Ebay.:idea:

• Members

The new Menatone Howie V3 (Dumble overdrive pedal) is supposed to be better than the Zendrive and cheaper, also no six month wait!

I tried to find one before I ordered the GSR, but failed (and after I gave up trying to find a Zendrive for less than $500/6 months wait). They seem to be victims of their success, just like the Zendrive. But maybe the OP will be luckier than I was... (of course, the fact that I'm in Europe didn't help me, things might be easier for you guys).

OTOH the Gain Stage Red seems to be a new product, so the word-of-mouth is only starting.... there's no wait when you order one. Well, there was no wait last month.

:idk:

Edit: My bad, the Howie now seems to be easy to get from musictoyz.com: http://www.musictoyz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=M&Category_Code=Menatone.

So you got another option. :thu:

• Members

I demoed a prototype of the redesigned Howie at NAMM in late January. Brian was showing/sharing a booth with Ben Fargen and was nice enough to walk me through a demo of all the Menatones.

Although I own a Zendrive 1, I would have bought the revamped Howie right there if it were available. It's just a different animal.

Brian mentioned that some of his pedals are 'full amp simulators' as opposed to just overdrive/distortions. The Howie is a simulator, i believe. It got the Robben/Dumble sig sound at demo volume. Don't know how it sounds loud.

I was also impressed with the Top Boost In A Can-actually all his Menatones, but I'll be buying a Howie 2 and a TBIAC. I believe Musictoyz has the Howie or is getting them in on a regular basis. I've never ordered anything from them.

I'll be keeping my Zendrive as well. It has it's place, though I don't know if I'll be using a Howie and the ZD on the same pedalboard.

Steve

Archived