What's a nice delay pedal?

JonathanD

• Members

If you want spend a little more and you want all the usuall digital delay type of gizmoz (reverse, long delay times, loops, ect) as well as a couple nice sounding analog delay kinda sounds...

Line6 DL-4.

The only thing I don't like about the DL4 is the same reason why I love it: A lot of features. I often spend more time tweeking the thing then actually playing guitar. Also takes a lot of place on the floor. And like I said...it's not cheap.

• Members

digi delay is cool

sounds very good - much better sounding to me than the dd-6

Also has a tape sim which sounds very analogue and a modulated delay thing sounds a bit like DMM or something perhaps but less crazy.

Built like a tank and relatively cheap especially second hand...

• Members

stay with the DD-5!

if you like the tap feature of the DD-5, especially the external tap, and the various 'dotted eights', 'triplets' etc modes the DD-6 does not have these!

i've spent a long time trying to track down another DD-5 because of these features. It's going to be used with a single external tap tempo pedal sending a tap signal to multiple delays, and becasue of the modes the DD-5 i will be able to have exact divisions along side my other delay pedal.. i've looked quite extensively and haven't found any other pedal that can do this for the money.

the DD-20 probably can, but it's more money. great extra features though.

• Members

Electo Harmonix's #1 Echo looks like it is worth checking out for bare-bones good delay tone.

x_1echo.jpg

I am sorta interested in this one as well (though I don't know why cause I have a dd-20). I haven't seen it anywhere to try it out myself but someone gave it a bad review here the other day.

• Members

the dd6 DOES have these:D

it has internal tap tempo, but try tapping that pedal and then say another DD-6 into sync with each other and it's impossible.

it kind of screws up the whole point of having dotted eights/quarter notes/whatever as sub-divisions of other pedals that have tap tempo too..

i'm just 'on one' because i've found the method of using an external tap pedal split to two delays pedals.. two pedals in glorious synchronisity! :) no more trying to find the beat on seperate pedals and all that nonsense..

Archived