Pink Flesh just arrived. Amazing!...

smogfalls

• Members

Just got my Skreddy Pink Flesh through the post this morning. Only been playing with it for half an hour but all I can say is...wow! I thought the Mayo was awesome but I may actually prefer the PF. First off, it looks killer with a glossy black finish and pink led! Sound wise it`s just so articulate and crisp. And with the Sustain up full it easily soars into a beautiful controllable feedback. I tried it with my Analogman Delay after it and it was amazing! Works really well with delay unlike alot of fuzzes. I`ve also tried it with a Cot50 before it and that sounded great also. I think basically this pedal will sound great with anything. It handles single coils and humbuckers very well but I think it works with singles slightly more elegantly. The only amp I`ve tried it with so far is my Fender Deluxe Reverb and it really blew me away. It just really inspired me to sit a noodle away!

I can`t praise Marc enough for his work and customer support, I`ve always known where I`m at and how long I`ll be waiting etc. And trust me, this pedal is worth the 2 month wait!...if just for the Pink led!

• Members

I think I've said in other threads how I think the Pink Flesh is Marc's best work, and it's my personal favorite of his pedals that I've owned (Zero, Screw Driver, Top Fuel). It's not too distortiony like the Top Fuel, too overdrivey like the Screw Driver, or too... monstrous like the Zero. It's definitely a tweaked / modified sound - a little tamer, more controlable - , but it's still 100% fuzz. I can't resist posting a pic again...

pflesh.jpg

-Ben

• Members
I think I've said in other threads how I think the Pink Flesh is Marc's best work, and it's my personal favorite of his pedals that I've owned (Zero, Screw Driver, Top Fuel). It's not too distortiony like the Top Fuel, too overdrivey like the Screw Driver, or too... monstrous like the Zero. It's definitely a tweaked / modified sound - a little tamer, more controlable - , but it's still 100% fuzz. I can't resist posting a pic again...

pflesh.jpg

-Ben

That's soooooo cool!! was that a limited version or something?

so what do these baby's sound like?

• Members

12 weeks? I feel for you man. I know how painful the waiting can be! It`ll be worth it though...for sure ;)

As far as how these sound, all I can say is pure-fuzzy-tonal-bliss! And you can throw in all the old cliches of "smooth, creamy, articulate" etc but its all actually true with this pedal!

• Members

That's soooooo cool!! was that a limited version or something?

so what do these baby's sound like?

I submitted the art and idea to Marc, and then he made it happen! It all depends on if he's got the time... at this point I know he's swamped, but you never know.

They really do sound like what he states on the website:

"Based on the "triangle-knob" circa 1971 4-transistor fuzz, but I've changed the input capacitor to a more saturated-sounding type like the circa 1973 'rams head' version fuzz.

From there, I've tightened up the bass and smoothed out the highs and eliminated the mid scoop. So instead of a raging wall of fuzz, you get a more focused and amp-like tone, without having to stack with eq's and/or other overdrive pedals to smooth things out or bring up the midrange.

The thick, soaring tone sounds great on all pickup positions and cuts through the densest mix."

-Ben

Archived