Help me w/ a good fuzz

• Members

Checkout Monsterpiece for Fuzz bang for the buck.

Muffs and Gibson humbuckers are made for each other if you're looking for heavy. Skreddy makes great variations of the muff and then some. The skrewdriver will take you from OD - through DIST thorugh Fuzz with your volume pot on your guitar.

Everyone needs to be familiar with a Muff and a Fuzz Face (clone) as a starting reference for the Fuzz genre of tones.

• Members
I would like to try a good fuzz pedal. Im a fuzz noob but my tastes are shifting and i would like some opinions.

THank you!

an indication of what you are looking for sonically may be a good way to help us help you ;)

stones' 'satisfaction? hendrix-y flavor? siamese dream? zep I? white stripes?

waddya want?

although......... to whatever extent, it often doesnt even really matter. not that much,

i've seen quite a few, many even........ just like you....... here before........ asked the same questions, too.

soon you'll buy one, then another, and then another, and then even a few more. soon, there'll be packing peanuts spilling off your front porch, but still.............theres still more fuzz out there................its a path of very little despair, but also one....... of no end.

no end.

:D

• Members

Probably best to start with a Fuzz Face Clone. There are two main different types, silicon transistors and germainium transistors. Germainium fuzz are smoother but I really have grown into silicon fuzz pedals, they get a really thick fuzz sound but can be used as an overdrive by rolling your volume off on your guitar. There are some very good effects makers that offer great construction and budget prices, check out monsterpiece, Baja Tech, Crucible, and Retroman for some really cool fuzz pedals.

• Members

As a Fuzz noob I would build on what was said earlier.

Rolling Stones "Satisfaction" & Early Black Keys = Maestro Fuzztone or MFZ-1

Jimi Hendrix = Ge (Germanium) Dunlop Fuzz Face, Fulltone '69

Early Zeppelin = Tone Bender MKII or Fulltone Soul Bender

White Stripes & Smashing Pumpkins = Big Muff Pi or Skreddy Mayo

• Members
an indication of what you are looking for sonically may be a good way to help us help you
;)

stones' 'satisfaction? hendrix-y flavor? siamese dream? zep I? white stripes?

waddya want?

although......... to whatever extent, it often doesnt even really matter. not that much,

i've seen quite a few, many even........ just like you....... here before........ asked the same questions, too.

soon you'll buy one, then another, and then another, and then even a few more. soon, there'll be packing peanuts spilling off your front porch, but still.............theres still more fuzz out there................its a path of very little despair, but also one....... of no end.

no end.

:D

Really into "stoner rock" right now..if that helps any...COC, Countach, Obsessed, The Sword, etc. basically rehashes of good ol' sabbath/classic rawk.

• Members

Really into "stoner rock" right now..if that helps any...COC, Countach, Obsessed, The Sword, etc. basically rehashes of good ol' sabbath/classic rawk.

for that....electro harmonix big muff, no question.

• Members

I dont know if a big muff is good for stoner rock really. It's heavy, but sometimes it's too bassy depending on the rest of your set up. I turn the tone to about 1 o clock and the sustain less than half depending on what i'm playing, and that's pretty good, but the sustain past noon will make it so bassy and insane.

• Members

Tonebender clones are good for stoner rock. Some of the Devi Ever stuff like the SM would work great for you.

• Members

Probably best to start with a Fuzz Face Clone. There are two main different types, silicon transistors and germainium transistors. Germainium fuzz are smoother but I really have grown into silicon fuzz pedals, they get a really thick fuzz sound but can be used as an overdrive by rolling your volume off on your guitar. There are some very good effects makers that offer great construction and budget prices, check out monsterpiece, Baja Tech, Crucible, and Retroman for some really cool fuzz pedals.

i would agree with this

Archived