Problem with Digitech/Boss pedals

EggShen

• Members

Hey all, I have a problem with my digitech digiverb, digidelay, and my boss TU2 chromatic tuner.

I have noticed that when the two digitech pedals are hooked up to the chromatic tuner(through a daisy chain) I tend to get a-hell-of alot of nasty excess noise. In fact, both digitech pedals' led lights blink continuously, add noise, and are unusable.

What is really weird is that I have had this setup(digitech mixed with boss) for year or so now, and they have never done this. However, I do remeber someone mentioning to me that digitech and boss pedals don't mix very well in terms of voltage or something like that.

Any ideas anyone?

thanks for any help.

• Members

Have you tried another type of adaptor/daisychain setup -- another brand? It might be that setup would work okay with another type of adaptor/daisychain. Just thinking of something to try, anyway. In case you don't have another setup like that to try, it might be worth calling a local music store and seeing if they can take a different type of adaptor out of a package just to try in the store w/ your pedals. :)

Bump. ^

• Members

The Digitech pedals use a lot of power, so it might just be that you're overtaxing the power supply. Also, it's generally not a good idea to use the TU-2 power out jack for large power consumers, as the pcb traces connecting the two jacks are quite thin, which can cause voltage drops etc.

Make sure you have a big enough power supply for the pedals you have, and daisy chain around the TU-2 (treating it like any other pedal).

/Andreas

Archived