Is this feedback or a distortion pedal of some sort?

Sabicas

• Members

Volume pedal. It's normal feedback like you would get with a distortion or boost pedal, maybe enhanced by holding the guitar near the cab, but then it's swelled with a volume pedal or something.

Edit - maybe you could do that with a slow gear clone (behringer etc)

• Members

Well, I have a volume pedal. I just need to figure out how to get that type of feedback that is controllable. That's played on a lap steel and you can hear him slide the notes around. Any recommendation on a good pedal to start with?

• Members

Yeah, i post on both to get variety of replies. :)

I have an ebow and use it regurlarly. I didn't realize that he is using ebow in that clip. I guess I am just missing a fuzz pedal.

What causes that texture at 21 seconds into the clip. It sounds like a VP swell but also some type of oscillation. Is that the delay?

• Members

maybe this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OR8Zfu_aIsg&mode=related&search=

Maybe go to a store and play around with different hi-gain fuzz pedals to see which make the most interesting trails if you let notes ring out for a long time. When I get home I'll see what happens with my FZ-7, which is really cheap (I've never tried doing swells/letting notes ring that long with that particular pedal)

Edit: have you tried a big muff?

• Members

stores hate it when you do feedback. i did it by accident once and this like 12 year old playing stupid van halen tapping bull{censored} gave me the dirtiest look. i shoulda smashed the guitar over his head. he was playing some stupid ibanez through a fender frontman 100 watt through all the damn pedals and he was playing really quiet. what a jew.

Archived