I swear, this place is like Enablers R Us...

DeuceII

• Members

Hi, my name is Colin and I'm a pedal junkie... :thu:

If Crackheads had this kind of forum, they'd never quit. I gotta stop for a while, I think I've spent way too much in the last month.

Part of it was moving to a city with decent shops (Portland, OR). Previously, stuck in Eugene, none of the stores carried decent pedal lines. I'd decided a while back to keep my spending in check by only buying what I could actually try out.

Now I'm done with my degree program, so more time to spend here on line and get interested in more stuff, and in a city with good pedal shops. The list for my most recent bills includes: Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Digitech EX7 and FS3 footswitch (both returned), ZVex power plates, PP2+, EHX Micro Synth, Fralin strat bridge pickup, new pickguard, and finally MI Audio CrunchBox. I'm not done, I won't say that, but the board is packed so for now I'm taking a break. Thanks, just had to vent.:blah:

• Members
Board #1 is full, buy 2nd board, keep going.
:cool:

I actually had the sales guy at the shop I bought the Micro Synth suggest this to me. My main board is way too huge, though, so what I want to do is break it down into two more manageable boards. AAAHHHHH THERE I GO AGAIN!!!!!:freak:

• Members

There is no shame in taking a breather.

2-3 weeks and you should be back on your feet.

Another tip is to become comfortable with compulsive flipping: Lust/Acquisition/Honeymoon/Indifference/Flip

In addition to my "must try to buy" rule, I've added "must not sell or flip." Why? I've gotten rid of too many things that I regret, and some that I've had to buy twice. So, now that I'm down to mostly dirt pedal acquisition syndrome, I'm just gonna sit on what I don't use on the board.

• Members
In addition to my "must try to buy" rule, I've added "must not sell or flip." Why? I've gotten rid of too many things that I regret, and some that I've had to buy twice. So, now that I'm down to mostly dirt pedal acquisition syndrome, I'm just gonna sit on what I don't use on the board.

:confused::bor::blah::freak::rolleyes:

• Members

Flipping = the lifeblood that keeps it possible for me to fund any new gear. I buy cheap and sell high, or just ebay it. Otherwise I'd never be able to support this ridiculous habit.

• Members

Flipping = the lifeblood that keeps it possible for me to fund any new gear. I buy cheap and sell high, or just ebay it. Otherwise I'd never be able to support this ridiculous habit.

I know, I know, I'm the odd man out around here. But my first trade was to compblue many years ago, and that was a bad deal. Dumb noob mistake, but it left a bad impression. I also had some iffy deals on ebay, along with some good buys, so... yeah what was I saying? Nah, I'm sure I'll decide to trade some stuff once I get over the honeymoon period(s).

• Members
Hi, my name is Colin and I'm a pedal junkie...
:thu:
If Crackheads had this kind of forum, they'd never quit. I gotta stop for a while, I think I've spent way too much in the last month.

Part of it was moving to a city with decent shops (Portland, OR). Previously, stuck in Eugene, none of the stores carried decent pedal lines. I'd decided a while back to keep my spending in check by only buying what I could actually try out.

Now I'm done with my degree program, so more time to spend here on line and get interested in more stuff, and in a city with good pedal shops. The list for my most recent bills includes: Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Digitech EX7 and FS3 footswitch (both returned), ZVex power plates, PP2+, EHX Micro Synth, Fralin strat bridge pickup, new pickguard, and finally MI Audio CrunchBox. I'm not done, I won't say that, but the board is packed so for now I'm taking a break. Thanks, just had to vent.
:blah:

Welcome to the forum new Brother :wave:

Now take it from an old timer - run - run away now!!!!!! :cry:

• Members
Welcome to the forum new Brother
:wave:

Now take it from an old timer - run - run away now!!!!!!
:cry:

Thanks. I lurked for years, then dropped in and out for several more. In fact, I used to wonder what the hell you in particular needed with all those OD/Dirt/Fuzz pedals. Then I switched amps and found out how different they all react to dirt pedals. Now I know, and I've got a long list of them to try out.:mad::p
Here's a link to the most recent picture (large size, no resize in my cheap photo program), now there are a few things added/deleted so when it's all laid out and working again I'll take another photo. I've got history of my boards somewhere, when I find them I'll post the progression.
http://www.uoregon.edu/~cstout/images/pedalboard_070107.jpg

Archived