Wh-1 vs. HOG

iwantpedals

• Members

I haven't had a WH1 but have had a WH4 and now have a HOG.

HOG does more weird stuff. Synthy stuff, more voices.

Whammy does, well whammy stuff. Major plus is that it whammies up and down 2 octaves. HOG can only whammy up one octave but you can dial in other more octaves (that it doesn't have more 'whammyability" is the major disappointment of the HOG.

HOG will let you dial harmonies of various levels. The harmony on the whammy only does 50/50.

anything else? :D

• Members

A lot of people kept whammies on their boards after getting HOGs. I was curious about this before I got one - I wanted a whammy killer.

Stuff like you describe can't be done on HOG - I think....Hang on!

Actually you can bend one step too. So you could actually set a 5th below and whammy to a 4th. The exp pedal can be reversed so it bends down or up effectively...

You can also use volume to swell in your harmony.

• Members

I have both as well, and at the moment their both on my board. You can get harmonies and whammy between them certain ones, but the spectrum of the bend is very detailed. Meaning it can be very hard(though I suppose this depends on how good of a ear you have) to get it just right on the sweet spot. I've gone as far as to measure the distance between the base to top of the pedal just to get it right. Maybe in the later future I'll rig a expression pedal with a laser and piece of sheet metal so i can mark where the harmonies are.

Archived