Little Big Muff Pi vs Double Muff vs Metal Muff

gambit

• Members

apologies for the old thread, but just thought i'd report back on the little big muff i got..

its way better than the black russian muff! running it into the clen channel on my amp i need to keep the tone on the lil muff at 0 so it doesn't get too fizzy. instant siamese dream sound though. in fact it's the closest i've gotten to it since i started listening to the pumpkins 8 or so years ago.. and i've tried a couple of times to get there. i guess a quality amp makes the big difference (Engl Powerball).

Running the muff into a very clean overdrive channel needs the tone lifted up to half way, but this leaves me asking why the extreme treble settings? surely people don't use this pedal for the wasp in a jam jar sound?

i tried running it pre-overdrive pedals and it doesn't sound that great. i imagine they'd sit better the opposite way around. the only downside is the lack of clarity for anything beyond fifths and octaves, but its got the mojo for riffs and doom stuff.

anyway, i'm very chuffed with the little big muff. no apparent tone loss, and it isn't just a one trick pony. not too noisy with the gain maxed either.

• Members

Just bought myself a Little Big Muff. Cranked it with my V3 halfstack today at the rehersal room. Sounded suprisingly good. A lot of good tones from it. I was really suprised. Sounded better (to me) than the regular BM.

Compared to the Double muff it was a 100 times better. The Metal Muff is a different beast, and as i get all my needed high-gain tones from the V3 the MM was useless.

Archived