WOT: help me decide on my haircut...

Keith SIO

• Members

If you want to help a brother out, I need some haircut advice. My hair hasn't been touched in about two years, as I find haircuts make me sad. Well, for some reason I booked one for tomorrow at 5pm, and I am following through with it. Right now my hair is pretty long, so I dunno whether to just get it trimmed some or go way shorter...You be the judge. If you don't care to help, that's cool. Tell me what you think I should go with. These are all of me:

This is as short as I'd go.

IMG_6563.jpg

A little longer...

IMG_0975.jpg

A little longer...(at rudy's)

KeithsABassShopinRudysMusic.jpg

Awkward sorta length...

n18408929_31117713_8912.jpg

At it's current stage (but a little longer at this point)

n18408929_32289488_105.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My hair was longer than yours and I finally cut it after about 2 years last fall. I cut it a little bit shorter than your first picture and it's already almost down to my chin again after one more cut.

My advice, cut it like the first picture or shorter. You're hair will always grow in no time if you feel it's too short anyway, plus the shorter it is, the longer before you have to cut it again! :thu:

• Members
My hair was longer than yours and I finally cut it after about 2 years last fall. I cut it a little bit shorter than your first picture and it's already almost down to my chin again after one more cut.

My advice, cut it like the first picture or shorter. You're hair will always grow in no time if you feel it's too short anyway, plus the shorter it is, the longer before you have to cut it again!
:thu:

I am leaning towards the shorter. When I was really young, I guess time seemed a lot slower so I guess I am stuck in the mentality that my hair will be short for a long time. Now that I am older time is speeding up. Sometimes I look in the mirror and just think...how did my hair get this long!

• Members

Long hair FTW.

On the long hair side...I feel like the more I cut off the more rock and roll just leaves my body!! like it disappears!

I dunno, it is weird because hair is important to me, and right now I don't feel like my current hair fits me, and I am not so sure short hair would fit either..

Seems like I should just pull a billy corgan, but there is no shot in hell I am doing that.

• Members
:cry:
:cry: Well, I think I am going with something like number 2...cause that's where it was this time last year. So I figure it will be long again in the fall.

angelhair:love:

Just so you know when you cut hair to lengths like that it won't look as good as if you cut it shorter and let it grow to it.

• Members

Well I figure it would grow to a normal looking shag about two weeks after the cut right?

It doesn't quite happen that quickly. If you want pic 2, get it cut like pic 1. That should only take about 3 or 4 months anyway. There's no reason to be in a hurry unless you think you're balding.

• Members

It doesn't quite happen that quickly. If you want pic 2, get it cut like pic 1. That should only take about 3 or 4 months anyway. There's no reason to be in a hurry unless you think you're balding.

No balding for me! Yea, I get what you are saying. I guess If I got it like number 2 it would turn out way to clean looking and wouldnt look natural.

• Members

find a good stylist and let them do what they think is best four your style and hair type, within a few guidelines of what you absolutely don't want... spending a few more bucks ends up with you looking good rather than a supercuts douche... plus, what's $60 once or twice a year?

Archived