Anyone heard of a Boss PS-1 phaser?

kingsxman

• Members

I picked up an older pedal last night and its a Boss PS-1 phaser. Not a PH-1...but a PS-1. Dark forest green case with 3 orange topped knobs.

I just pulled the case apart and the insides look good...but I am noticing that the case is plastic. Did Boss ever make a heavy duty plastic case? There is also a little sticker on the front side that says "made in Korea".

This was basically a throw in on a japanese squire deal that a guy had for 18 years. He said he'd had this for almost as long. No reason to doubt the guy.

So is this a fake pedal? Did they fake them that long ago?

• Members

sounds fake.... post some pics if you can.

But how does it sound ?

I'll try to post some pics. I havent gotten a chance to plug it in yet. Hopefully tonight sometime. I'm not a phaser guy though so I wont have a good ear to tell if its good or bad. I just grabbed it (for $20) because I thought it was a japanese old pedal. (I obviously didnt look at it much before agreeing to buy it. I was more concerned about the MIJ Squire I was buying for $80). :)

• Members

Linky Linky.............is it this one ??

http://filters.muziq.be/model/psk/1/ps1

I'm curius how it will sound.

Does it actually say Boss on it ?? Like some dirty scroundrel has marked it up
:eek:

thats it!!!! God I'm an idiot. I said it says Boss on it...but it doenst. It is SUCH a replica of a Boss pedal that I pretty much imagined that is said Boss on it. DOH!!!!!

Here's a pic of mine:

http://users.goldengate.net/~jgermann/boss/

So whats the scoop on these phasers? Are they considered decent?

I plugged it in tonight and it sounded really nice. Very warm. How can I tell about these "stages" it has? I'm not a phaser expert. I had a small stone phase shifter back in the 70's when I was 15 but that broke after a couple of years. This sounded very nice to my untrained phaser ears.

• Members

hahaha, i knew it.

yes PSK made boss knock offs in the 80's. ive seen those phasers around. theres one in a shop kind of near me., actually. korea has quite a few old knock offs..but theres a ton of Roland and REAL gear. My buddy who has a shop used to tell me he sold vb-2's for $50 years ago. Korea had a bunch of ts808s etc. Alot of pro musicians here, and they can play. I guess some one had to make something for the student crowd.

psk had a dm2 knockoff too, i passed one up like 5 years ago for $8 cause it looksed like {censored} and had no battery clip. probably just as well.

post some pics.

psk, harmony, fake boss, theres still quite a few of those pedals around. theyre analog, and decent if you dont have money for something a little better..

• Members

I need to start buying some more pedals. I wish I could get pedal versions of some of the synth and filter effects that are on garageband software. It's way fun to record on although it sounds to digital to me. Nice and clear, but defintly digital.

Then again I am an analog fiend when I can get it.

Archived