Addicted?

ASGTrace

• Members

Yeah its not exactly PRIME for me to drop 2k on an amp that I use for bedroom practice and jamming with friends or $200-$300 on every pedal I have as I'm putting myself through college..

There are some killer cheap pedals, dude. I don't knock anyone for owning cheap pedals.

• Members

I have some cheap pedals that do what I want them to, sometimes $$ place too much importance. Remember it is the sound that matters not the cost.

EXACTLY. Plus last I checked, people like Kirk all the way to Vai don't use boutique.

Plus if anyones ganging on B-52 amps or any pedals I want to but, (( I havnt bought the amp yet))) Then please instead of flaming me for it, recommend something.

• Members

You could get a used Peavey Classic 30 or 50 for less than the B52 combo will cost you.
Start out with a nice tube amp & a few good pedals for it, and you'll save time & money.
Grab a Bad Monkey, Small Clone chorus, Boss BD2 and a Digidelay and you'll have a great starter setup.
Add a wah, phaser, tremolo, etc. after you've gotten comfortable with everything else.

• Members

accusing someone of being a noob? seriously eat a dick. everyone has to start somewhere and just because of the gear they play and their ability doesnt mean you should laugh at them, encourage their love for gear and guitar. no need to be an ass on here

THANK YOU!

• Members

You could get a used Peavey Classic 30 or 50 for less than the B52 combo will cost you.

Start out with a nice tube amp & a few good pedals for it, and you'll save time & money.

Grab a Bad Monkey, Small Clone chorus, Boss BD2 and a Digidelay and you'll have a great starter setup.

Add a wah, phaser, tremolo, etc. after you've gotten comfortable with everything else.

Ive seen those amps for cheap but its not what Im looking for. Im into metal so I need a metal amp. Plus whats your beef with B-52's. Theyre really high quality and have a kickass clean sound as well as gain.

And it doesnt seem as if you read the thread have you? I have a Small Clone already. And one of my main questions was how does it compare to the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus.

Distortion pedals and OD's Im set on. AND I already have a wah.

• Members

Ive seen those amps for cheap but its not what Im looking for. Im into metal so I need a metal amp. Plus whats your beef with B-52's. Theyre really high quality and have a kickass clean sound as well as gain.

And it doesnt seem as if you read the thread have you? I have a Small Clone already. And one of my main questions was how does it compare to the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus.

Distortion pedals and OD's Im set on. AND I already have a wah.

With the right pedals you can get metal sounds out of a classic 30, and 50. Plus you will get very usable clean tones, and crunch for blues. Thoes are great all around amps.

• Members

wow, where to start. aside from putting on another pot of joe, and lighting up a smoke.......

first off:

lighten up francis. chops will be busted, and if you;re smart, you'll get through it relatively unscathed. it may appear it bit rough at first, but in short time, you'll find that hcfx is chock full of pansies, and i mean that in the absolute nicest way.

second: i dunno if you even qualify as noob. i've met 30yr players who dont know jack{censored} about jack{censored} regarding guitars, amps, stomps, etc. didnt mean they couldnt play (hardly), but lack of exposure/tuition/etc left them a bit unawares of whats going on. how noob are you? band? potential for that stuff? d'ya ever wanna do home recording stuff, etc? do you even have a place, or a need, to turn said amp up past 2-3 on the master volume? cuz that'll make a very big difference as to which amps make more sense for you. a tube amp dont owe you {censored} until the volume is up to noon (and thats not the preamp), just something to keep in mind.

thirdly: you got a little $ to work with, now take some time and learn a bit too much. oh yeah, you cant know too much :p you've already seen how this place is the entry gate for a (potential) total circus of spending/trading/selling/etc, you may as well exploit the experiences of others for your own good while you;'re here, cuz thats the only free part.

well, theres the cat threads, but those have slowed as of late.

anyways, about your pedals: since theres nothing there thats uncommon/unique by any stretch, theres not necessarily a need to keep them; you can find 'em, used, any day. if all of a sudden you need a slightly different flavor of metal, or something.

i'm gonna get my coffee now.

• Members

my best mate is 36 and one of the best guitarists I know, he's a natural and he can hear chords on recordings that I don't even know exist. But he still comes round to mine when he has a problem with a lead or want's his action ajusted or some other thing that I find easy to sort....but he's 5 times the player I'll ever be. We all have stregnths and weaknesses, it's what makes us human and the best thing about being human is we can help each other out. If i'm trying to learn a song, he'll work it out in 5 mins (it would take me a day probably!!) ...if he needs a jack soldering on, I'll do it for him. He knows nothing about amps and effects, guitar maintinence or anything like that, but like I said...he's an amazing guitarist.

and the point is? ummmm.... I have no idea now. :lol:

• Members
my best mate is 36 and one of the best guitarists I know, he's a natural and he can hear chords on recordings that I don't even know exist. But he still comes round to mine when he has a problem with a lead or want's his action ajusted or some other thing that I find easy to sort....but he's 5 times the player I'll ever be. We all have stregnths and weaknesses, it's what makes us human and the best thing about being human is we can help each other out. If i'm trying to learn a song, he'll work it out in 5 mins (it would take me a day probably!!) ...if he needs a jack soldering on, I'll do it for him. He knows nothing about amps and effects, guitar maintinence or anything like that, but like I said...he's an amazing guitarist.

and the point is? ummmm.... I have no idea now.
:lol:

"f*ck noob-ery"

the noob calling out thing kinda reminds me of the sixth graders in south park.

sp810_Preschool_3.jpg

:mad: "We're gonna kick your asses, FOURTHIES!!!!" :mad:

and always good to keep in mind: the guy you;re in the pissing match with now may soon be the guy that puts the OD, that you so desperately need, in the spam thread :D

good on you for hooking your bud up, too. as so much of this stuff is pretty logic based, not-rocket-science stuff, any chance of him picking it up

• Members

"good on you for hooking your bud up, too. as so much of this stuff is pretty logic based, not-rocket-science stuff, any chance of him picking it up"

nah mate, seriously you would think he was retarded or something, he's f'n hopeless when it comes to anything like that, thing is when I was a kid I always used to help my dad do stuff like soldering and fixing stuff that broke, so to me it kinda seems natural to have a go at stuff. His family were the types that rang a plumber when they had a dripping tap. :lol:

once he rang me up because it amp wasn't working, I went round and it was totally dead, I said "have you tried putting a new fuse in the plug?"

so he says "no" I didn't think of that, 30 seconds later and a new fuse and his amp was fine!!

Archived