OT: Any Madden '08 players in here?

johnrambo

• Members

That's why I deleted WOW from my computer after I played with it for a few hours. Those hours felt like minutes, and that scared me to {censored}s.

one nice thing about madden is that your pretty much watching a clock the whole time and you don't get caught up in things that take hours and hours to accomplish. i can sit down and play a game in 30 minutes and then i'm on to something else.

• Members

Overall, I think they did a couple things wrong (PS2 version):

1. Downgraded way too many players' attributes. E.g., Matt Leinart is worse than he was in '07. Also, they ignored a lot of accomplishments by some players when awarding attributes. E.g., Philip Rivers still sucks, throws like a girl, even though he went to the Pro Bowl last year. Drew Brees threw for 4000 or so yards and also has a weak arm. But JaMarcus Russell gets the strongest arm of all time?

2. Hard to see how much time is on the clock, when there is a penalty and the down. The white on silver layout (at the top of the screen instead of in the middle) just doesn't cut it.

3. They abolished the option to use the Madden '05 controls. Now everyone has to conform to the new controls. I can't tell you how many tackles and pass deflections I've missed because I'm now pressing the turbo button instead of the change person button.

On a positive note, I'm glad to have a new Madden and the low Hit Stick is pretty cool when you flip someone running at full speed.

• Members

Overall, I think they did a couple things wrong (PS2 version):

1. Downgraded way too many players' attributes. E.g., Matt Leinart is worse than he was in '07. Also, they ignored a lot of accomplishments by some players when awarding attributes. E.g., Philip Rivers still sucks, throws like a girl, even though he went to the Pro Bowl last year. Drew Brees threw for 4000 or so yards and also has a weak arm. But JaMarcus Russell gets the strongest arm of all time?

2. Hard to see how much time is on the clock, when there is a penalty and the down. The white on silver layout (at the top of the screen instead of in the middle) just doesn't cut it.

3. They abolished the option to use the Madden '05 controls. Now everyone has to conform to the new controls. I can't tell you how many tackles and pass deflections I've missed because I'm now pressing the turbo button instead of the change person button.

On a positive note, I'm glad to have a new Madden and the low Hit Stick is pretty cool when you flip someone running at full speed.

i've been using the chargers since i got the game and philip rivers is pretty good IMO. my biggest complaint is that he fumbles the ball whenever someone gets near him.

• Members

I briefly played the the 360 version and didn't like it at all. Madden has really gone downhill over the last couple years.

I would have to disagree, and say it only becomes better. My favorite madden is Madden 05. But the seahawks really shred in madden 06.

Archived