What FX used on Let It Be solo?

mmarinic

• Members

Two versions of the solo.

One of them is a leslie.

Haven't heard the other in ages, so I couldn't tell you.

Andy Babuik [sic] of the Chesterfield Kings wrote a book called "Beatles Gear" that has everything you want to know.

• Members

Yeah it definitely is a leslie with some grit, but unfortunately a leslie cabinet is kind of expensive... however there are a lot of good sims out there, but what I would recommend for you is the arion sch-1 or sch-z pedals. Crank the rate on those things and they sound great, plus you can find the sch-z for around the $20-50 price range (although some people insist that the SCH-1 is far superior, everyone I've played with likes them both). However the dls rotosim sounds mighty fine too, but they are significantly more expensive ($300). Good luck with the audition!

• Members

Rosewood Telecaster prototype
:)

George played through a Leslie on early takes (Jan 1969), and re-recorded without the Leslie in the final pre-release session (Jan 1970). When Glyn Johns mixed the track, he put the non-Leslie lead front and center but kept the Leslie take, which you can hear very slightly panned hard-left.

Thank you,
Recording The Beatles
!

there's exhaustive, there's authoritative, and then there's Recording The Beatles. Accept no substitutes.

www.recordingthebeatles.com

And here's the thread where we've discussed this before:http://acapella.harmony-central.com/archive/index.php/t-1435199.html

btw, Line6 roto-machine will get you very close.

Archived