Hello, Newbie with question.

JohnnyLarge

• Members

Hello,:wave:

This is my first post on here. I am live in England and am new to playing guitar. I can just about knock out 'Danny Boy', 'Ode To Joy' and a few riffs.

I am currently learning chords and switching in between them whilst strumming.

My guitar hero is George Benson and I also like Brian Setzer. (a strange mix?)

I have recently treat myself to a Washburn J3 in natural and have a Trace Elliott 'Brat' 15w amp. The sound is nice and mellow on clean.

I am looking at buying a Zoom G2 box to liven up my practice sessions and give me a few more tones to mess with. I would love to recreate a nice jazz tone and maybe Brian Setzers tone. I have a nice set of flatwounds 11's on order to fit to my J3. (I can restring no problem)

As I am on a strict

• Members

I'm sure I will have some questions for you once it arrives. I'm off work this week and am waiting for the postman to arrive.

He has my Zoom G2, some D'Addario Chrome Flatwound 11's and some new chrome knobs for me!

I'm just considering ordering a nice chrome tailpiece to replace that bloody horrible chrome 'W' on my J3.

Mmmmmmm.......jaaaaaaazzzzzzzzz:cool:

• Members

For guitar parts, check out Allparts, WD Music and Stewmac. There are others of course, but these are the guys with the history and the reputation when it comes to replacement parts and DIY stuff.

It really should go without saying, but if you're going to do anything to a guitar that involves drilling holes and replacing parts, don't make hasty decisions, go slowly and carefully and if in ANY doubt about how to do anything, take it to a professional. It's not likely to be dangerous to you, but you don't want your wrecked guitar on your conscience either.

The G2 ought to give you hours of fun- just watch the volume if you use lots of distortion- hollowbody guitars like your J3 are just waiting to break into feedback with a little provocation, which distortion and volume will happily provide. Again, not dangerous or wrong, just not very jazz, and no fun for your wife/kids/dog/neighbours... :D

There's a fair few of us who have, or have had a G2 at some point, so fire away with the questions when you get it...

Oh, and now I have "Breezin'" stuck in my head. Thanks. Thanks a lot :mad:

:wave:

Archived