boss dd-20 giga delay

oloughlin

• Members

hey i am considering buying a boss dd-20. they seem cool, but is is worth the money? any opinions would be much appreciated. also any info on it would help, still kind of confused about it. 23 seconds of delay? does that mean 23 seconds for looping or 23 seconds between what you play and the playback of it? also is there a feedback control? can you loop riffs? etc. any info would help

• Members

I find the 23 seconds way too much for my style. However, I like the pedal. I found a chick selling one on craigslist for $100... we played phone tag... then I never heard from her again. I think she realized it was worth more than that. I also looked into the Line 6 DL-4.

• Members

hey i am considering buying a boss dd-20. they seem cool, but is is worth the money? any opinions would be much appreciated. also any info on it would help, still kind of confused about it. 23 seconds of delay? does that mean 23 seconds for looping or 23 seconds between what you play and the playback of it? also is there a feedback control? can you loop riffs? etc. any info would help

I've got one and love it! 23 seconds is the longest loop it will do, but you may layer on top of it. there is a feed back control and yes you can loop riffs but you can't save them after you turn it off.

• Members

There are tons of info on this pedal. I would suggest getting the manual online and taking a look. 23 seconds I believe is for the amount of loop time, but I might be wrong. If you want a looper I would check out the DL4 or Akai headrush. Not a fan of the DD20 as a looper. Great delays though (it's on my board for now). Right now, TC electronics just came out with the Nova delay which is a little bit more money than a DD20 and is supposedly awesome, but no looper. If you need both then check out the DL-4 also. There are some reliability issues, but usually they are flexible things.

• Members

No matter what you hear on this forum, it's worth trying out at least. Most people on here will tell you it's pretty damn good. Some people like the DL-4 for it's supposedly better sound quality, though it's notoriously unreliable and built poorly compared to the DD-20.

And a few people may begin to think less of the DD-20 now that the Nova Delay is out and the EH Stereo Memory Man w/ Hazarai is coming out soon. But try the DD-20 out... then you can decide for yourself.

Archived