Steve Stevens - which effect/technique is this?

RockNote

• Members

This is Steve Steven's demo for Suhr's 18 W Badger. Note what happens 51 seconds into the song and continues for 10 seconds (until 1:01). How is this done? I am guessing he is using an octaver while playing natural harmonics and "fluttering" them with the tremolo bar. But since I don't have an octaver I can't really reproduce it. This is way cool! :thu: I've always liked SS.

• Members

I agree, right off the bat I'm guessing it's a blended output signal of some mildly effected ring modulation, judging by the strength of the original signal integrity and the accurate following of the spacy tone that joins it. At any rate the clip is once again proof that he soooo embodies rawk.

Mr. Ji here at Moollon is getting ready to start building Steve's custom LP-style electric, it was only a matter of time and we're just as excited about it all. Good times. :)

• Members

did anyone ever figure out his raygun thing. I saw someone else doing it and he just stood in front of his amp as far as i could see.

stevies solo classical stuff is rad as well

I think I heard Brian Setzer doing the same thing. He going up to the amp for feedback and hits a high note and bigsby's it to hell. :cool:

Archived