Analogman Delay... I'm a fan of Analogman stuff but...

angelhair0

• Members

First a compacator chip dies after I own it for a week (brand new). Analog Mike of course gladly pays for shipping and fixes it for free. After touring with it for a month, now the on/off switch is becoming intermittent and only works sometimes, regardless of "how" I step on the switch. I take care of my stuff. Yea it's been used about 35 nights in a row, but then again so have all my other pedals. Anyone else have issues with theirs? I suspect it's the enclosure. I never trusted those ugly things, anyway...

• Members
To be fair, this is the first I've heard about the ADL problem like this. But you really use the thing it sounds like.

What's the name of your band? You are semi local, I'd like to check you out!!

You'd hate us. :)

And the song that we have uploaded with me playing on it actually has no effects. Other songs I use effects heavily, including that pedal.

http://www.myspace.com/liludallas

• Members

I must agree. Any AM stuff I have had in the past has been built solid and had no issues with repeated use. Perhaps it's the new type of enclosure he is using?

I'm sure it is. I never really liked the enclosure for the delay, but he didn't build the enclosure for this pedal like he does for the others so I guess I am not as surprised. Although, the enclosure has nothing to do with the switches and chips inside...

• Members

I'm sure it is. I never really liked the enclosure for the delay, but he didn't build the enclosure for this pedal like he does for the others so I guess I am not as surprised. Although, the enclosure has nothing to do with the switches and chips inside...

It does effect the mounting of those components which could be an issue. But chances are not. I just think those enclosures are fugly as sin.

• Members

You know a buddy of mine told me his pedal is falling a part. The switch came off,and the 9v adapter lost the ring. But that pedal was one of the BEST built pedals I've ever played on. And my friend's pedals were cheaper pedals, like line6, which he'd never has had a problem with. I just believe it was bad luck. Or you ned to take better care of your pedals. ;-)

PS. the pedal I mentioned was a DGTM by T. Jauernig.

• Members

Go Figure. You charge $100 extra for a few parts and "hand tuning" in a Daphon delay and you still have a potentially unreliable piece of gear. Its honorable that they wanted to make an affordabloe delay pedal and something without a wait list but you still cant get this pedal and people would probably be happy to pay extra for the whole unit in a hammond enclosure with all the stuff that people like such as TB and a stomp switch. Then it would BE an AM pedal instead of a Daphon with a medallion on it.

• Members

We have only had one of 170 shipped have a problem with chips. We did have a few last month with switching problems, it's not the switch but a ceramic 103 .01uF capacitor which is out of spec. Very similar to the switching problems in Ts9 actually (they copied the Boss/Ts9 switching circuit). It's not due to poor construction, just due to some slightly out of spec parts.

Please send it in and we'll replace that cap and get the switch working fine and send you a T shirt for your hassles. So far the pedals are proving quite reliable but if you know us, you know we are working on something even better all the time.

Sorry about that!!

• Members

We have only had one of 170 shipped have a problem with chips. We did have a few last month with switching problems, it's not the switch but a ceramic 103 .01uF capacitor which is out of spec. Very similar to the switching problems in Ts9 actually (they copied the Boss/Ts9 switching circuit). It's not due to poor construction, just due to some slightly out of spec parts.

Please send it in and we'll replace that cap and get the switch working fine and send you a T shirt for your hassles. So far the pedals are proving quite reliable but if you know us, you know we are working on something even better all the time.

Sorry about that!!

I just saw on your site that you offer an XL with more delay time. About how much delay time does it have?

• Members

Sorry about that!!

I planned on contacting you, Mike. I appreciate your offer... a t-shirt sounds AWESOME!! I'd love one! :) I'll send my pedal to you fairly soon. I never had any doubts that you'd ever have a problem with fixing the pedal, I just made this thread to see if anyone else ever had any issues with it.

Sorry about that!!

Problems can arise with ANY product, from ANY company - but the great companies take good care of their customers when it does happen. :phil:

Archived