Pedal Mod - Wondering if this is possible.....

• Members

I have a Zoom 510 multi-distortion thingy. The distortions are all sub-par, as one would imagine them to be. However, a while back I was able to get a cool recording by having a guitarist play his part while I cycled through the presets, in time with the drum beat. The overall effect was much like sending a guitar signal through a square wave filter - except cooler.

I pulled apart the Zoom 510, and the foot switch for changing presets presses a small momentary button w/ only two solder points. What I'd like to do is modify the switch so that I can close this circuit repeatedly, with a potentiometer of some sort to control the rate at which the circuit is closed (and the preset changed).

Basically recreate what I was doing by hand, except without the need for an extra person.

Did any of that make sense? Anyone have an idea on how I could accomplish this?

• Members

It is possible. Basically you will be replacing the switch with a square wave signal. This can come from a relay, a timer, etc.

The problem will be getting it to match up with the drums at the right tempo.

Then doing a tap tempo and getting it going could be pretty tough. It will be a pretty involved project I think.

But it is worth a shot.

What about just using your foot to do the switching?

You could probably rig up a momentary footswitch pretty easily.

Archived