Radio Interference with Wah Pedal

brooksblues

• Members

I recently picked up a wah pedal by a forumite that he had done some modifications to. I was fine with this and received the wah. When I tried it out all I got was a clear radio signal through the pedal. Now I have never had this problem with my setup ever including with wah pedals and using same outlets and such. So I tried different cables used a power adapter and batteries and such and still the same problem. I have talked to the forumite and he says he had no troubles with the wah and radio signals previously so I am unsure what is going on. The signal turns off completly when the wah is not engaged because it has true by pass so it has to be the Wah. I also tried the pedal direct into the amp and with other effects same conclusion.

Do you think something has been wired wrong possibly the ground wire? Any help would be great.

• Members

this can happen with every pedal, most likely with fuzzes.

if have a byoc fuzz face and a fuzz factory, and both pedals can in the right order in efx chain pick up radio signals, depending which guitar i take (which pickups) how the controls set on the guitar, as saidf the order of pedals has an effect too, and which cables with cable length you use (the cable makes the antenna), and also important it does not work in every location i play, so the current rehearsal room has it, the 3 others before hadn't.

try useing different length of cables and a different order of your pedals, different guitar and different place in your rehearsal room...

there was one thread about it a year ago how you can avoid such things, but electronically there is often not much to do, cause shielding doesn't help that much

• Members

this happened to me a few years ago with my Shin-ei fuzz wah pedal. but it only picked up a station when i removed the patch from the out jack of my Creamy Dreamer and touched the side of the metal 1/4" jack with it.

my setup was guitar---Creamy Dreamer---Fuzz Wah, amp, both pedals on batteries. but the funny thing is i could wah the song on the radio.

Archived