Recomend a distortion pedal (rat?)

slash81291

• Members

Hey guys,

My main amp now is a marshall plexi clone with a PPIMV. I get some great classic crunch tones out of it, but I need some more pedals to hit the front end with. I have a Monte SD-1 GT and it is great to throw a little more sustain/boost to the amp. But, I want a pedal for higher gain, and for a really thick fuzzy (not like a fuzz though) sound. I think the ideal option is a rat 2 or a clone of one.

I could also go with say 2 pedals. Maybe an OCD or something to use as a "high gain" sound, and then a Rat of some sort as that thick fuzzy tone.

Any ideas?

• Members

A mix,

I for now am using 2 amps, the plexi set with a basic crunch sound, and then another amp set to a good clean sound. But what I am trying to do, is push from the crunch, to a higher gain tone (rat?) and then for a sort of lo-fi fuzzy sounding thick distortion (ehx??)

Then I have the monte sd-1 as a boost.

I would be cascading the gain stages between the amp and pedals.

I also plan to eventually use the plexi as my clean amp, and then a jcm 800 2203 as my distortion tone, set to a good crunch, then hit it with say my sd-1, and then a pedal to make it sound lo fi and fuzzy.

Archived