Music gear shops in the New Orleans area?

NoirAbattoir

• Members

the International Vintage Guitar Shop down on the 600 block of Tchopitoulas is pretty cool. I was down there a few days ago. They had a pretty cool old Silvertone that sounded great.

The Guitar Center we have on Clearview suck when compared to some other ones I was at in Houston. There are never any used pedals or guitars there it seems. Hardly any tele's.

The Louisiana Music Shop on Magazine and Louisiana has a pretty limited selection and pretty high prices, but you can talk them down and I know a guy who works there.

Those are the only places I go to. Sometimes I check out the pawnshops.

• Members

I remember this old guitar shop that had a boss pn-2 or a vb-2 there for 110$. It was not too bad and the fact that I wore a Thin Lizzy shirt put them in good mood. If I remember where it was, I'll post it but it was the opposite direction of the french quarter and that was before the flood. Maybe prices have gone up since then... :(

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I stopped by the Louisiana Music shop a couple weeks back, but I can't seem to find their phone number on google today.

Any other ideas? I need a decent 6v6 tube for my champ. GC sold out of the GT ones and these Mesa ones I bought turned my beautiful sounding BF champ into a {censored} machine.

• Members

the International Vintage Guitar Shop down on the 600 block of Tchopitoulas is pretty cool. I was down there a few days ago. They had a pretty cool old Silvertone that sounded great.

Those are the only places I go to. Sometimes I check out the pawnshops.

Everytime I get down that way I got to The Int. Vintage Guitar Shop (which is at least 4 times a year). The guy who makes New Orleans guitars has a shop too, doesn't he? The last time I was down there I played an old Harmony guitar this guy had in a record store on.... Royal street I think, and I couldn't believe how good it sounded.

You have to get the St. James crepe from Petunias. Everyone always goes to Du Monde but I think Petunia's has the best breakfast I've ever ate. Also try Galatoires, Arnauds, Bacco, and Sun. brunch at a Court of Two Sisters.

Archived