Peavey ValveKing VS. Crate PowerBlock

SirJackdeFuzz

• Members

. . . please don not larrfffff :rolleyes:

One of my friends sold his Peavey ValveKing, and bought a Crate PowerBlock & Behringer 4x12 cab.

He plays "melodic-metal" w. his Ibanez RG121 Prestige, and use a Boss V-Wah, TS9, and a 10band Kerry King Graphic EQ :freak:

DOES ANY OF YOU GUYS SEE THE LOGIC IN THIS MOVE FROM ALL-VALVE TO S/S ?????

. . . or is it just me ???

Discuss . . .

• Members

Valveking hands down for anything other than metal. I played the powerblock through a Crate cab and it sounded mediocre. It has no versatility, the gain on it is odd, but I guess if you're playing metal through one of those two amps you're gonna need a pedal anyway. I loved the Valveking when I tried it out. Your friend's an idiot.

Why does he play metal through a TS9?

• Members

Valveking hands down for anything other than metal. I played the powerblock through a Crate cab and it sounded mediocre. It has no versatility, the gain on it is odd, but I guess if you're playing metal through one of those two amps you're gonna need a pedal anyway. I loved the Valveking when I tried it out. Your friend's an idiot.

Why does he play metal through a TS9?

{censored}e . . . now i feel happy that i am not the only one out there thinking he is an idiot :D

Oh, i forgot to mention, he also sterted to use a bloody Behringer V-Stack or something like that !

You know that kidney shapoed sound modelling thing that only sounds half good when you use ear-phones with it !

. . . what is this world comming too :freak::freak::freak:

• Members

Honestly I can't completely knock Behringer's stuff. I actually have heard not-bad things about their cabs. The powerblock is the real confusing thing. I know the V-Amp is a cheap knockoff of the POD but I've found some good settings on mine.

• Members

for all the gear-bashing some may throw around, lets keep in mind that folks like Good Charlotte have nice pricey MF-approved gear, and it doesnt help one {censored}ing bit. not one {censored}ing bit.

others far more musically competent, including Prince using Hohners, Jeff Healey using Squiers, Foo Fighters tracking with 9v Marshall practice amps, Weezer touring with pods, etc, have proven ad infinitum that sometimes musicality is infinitely more important than spec sheets, and often is 100x more important than appeasing a bunch of self-appointed (and often wholly uneducated) gear nerds.

Archived