ARRR I want something EAST TO SETUP!!

mrt

• Members

I switched over from rack gear to JUST pedals, VERY simple setup!!!

tuner, delay, chorus, verb, wah... 5 simple pedals.

I use a mesa or a PV head,

2 questions...

1. is there away around using the FX loop.without having the delay and verb sound like crap?

2. if not,, can I use a overdrive pedal and run all my effects into that?? the go right into the input on a clean channel??

HELP ME!!!

• Members

you could use an overdrive and have your delay and verb after it, using just the clean on your amp, but whether it would sound as good as the drive channel is up to your own personal taste really.

is there any reason why you dont want to use your FX loop?

• Members

you could use an overdrive and have your delay and verb after it, using just the clean on your amp, but whether it would sound as good as the drive channel is up to your own personal taste really.

is there any reason why you dont want to use your FX loop?

I dont want to run 2 20 foot cable in the loop on stage, all I want is 1 cable going into my amp and 1 cable going to the guitar!!!!!

there something you pedal guys know that I dont!!!! :confused:

I love the overdrive/distortion tone with my amps, I could get a distortion pedal IF I can NOT use the FX loop, the fast the better for me! but I want good tone also!

• Members

I dont want to run 2 20 foot cable in the loop on stage, all I want is 1 cable going into my amp and 1 cable going to the guitar!!!!! ....!

i want a car that does 140mph for 300miles, running on solar power.

and i'd like selma hayak in the passenger seat. on ecstasy.

unfortunately, {censored} dont work like that. and neither does what you are trying to accomplish.

try searching a thread here from a few days back regarding pedalboard snakes.

• Members

i want a car that does 140mph for 300miles, running on solar power.

and i'd like selma hayak in the passenger seat. on ecstasy.

unfortunately, {censored} dont work like that. and neither does what you are trying to accomplish.

try searching a thread here from a few days back regarding pedalboard snakes.

unfortunately {censored} does work like that, its called a guitar processor, 1 unit 2 short cables, and midi switch.,,, Pedals are pointless when you have run 10 million cables, some in front some in the loop. powering them, loop them...

dont get me wrong, the tone of some of these "boutique" pedal are nice and do sound WAY better then like a 700 dollar TC force, but at least you get it all with the processor.

I want to be a pedal guy, but I dont see the + side to it for playing out.

• Members

....Pedals are pointless when you have run 10 million cables, some in front some in the loop. powering them, loop them... ....

if thats what you think its about, perhaps you are kinda pointless.

my amp, pedalboard with pre- and loop- fx, power and guitar cable takes me just over 45 seconds to set up.

• Members

wrong, completely wrong. and with 20+ years in both audio engineering, and guitar playing (10+yrs gigging), i'll stand by that.

plug your processor into an amp, set the amp for lots, lots of preamp gain. set your processor, in front of the amp, to use delay, lots of it.

tones = crap.

add an od pedal to the equation to do what you seem to want to, and its no longer 2 short cables, its 3.

HMM, you can lower the pre amp gain. maybe with your 20+ years you should have looked into that.

I just wanted to know if there was a easier way to set up effects pedals.

NOT LOOKING FOR a little typing war, move on, thanks for all that helped!

• Members

HMM, you can lower the pre amp gain. maybe with your 20+ years you should have looked into that. ....!

if the tones desired need an amp's preamp gain, then how exactly does your simpleminded 2-cable setup address that :confused:

• Members

NOT LOOKING FOR a little typing war, move on, thanks for all that helped!

you started the 'war' jackass. You came in here wanting help, then made the most insane comments about pedals and claim there pointless because you have to use cables..... good one.

good luck on your tonequest. Guitar - stompboxes - amp is where it's at hands down. No rack gear can compete with the tone you get from pedals. To each his own i guess.

• Members

you started the 'war' jackass. You came in here wanting help, then made the most insane comments about pedals and claim there pointless because you have to use cables..... good one.

good luck on your tonequest. Guitar - stompboxes - amp is where it's at hands down. No rack gear can compete with the tone you get from pedals. To each his own i guess.

how is that starting a war??? because after owning both I think pedal are pointless FOR ME. if you would read a little more I also said,,,,dont get me wrong there are nice hand made pedals out there that sound better then 700 dollar TC units.??????? and I also said you pedal guys must know something I dont know... Then I get the 1 smart ass, but thats in every post) that thinks they know every and brags about there crap.//

• Members

how is that starting a war??? because after owning both I think pedal are pointless FOR ME. if you would read a little more I also said,,,,dont get me wrong there are nice hand made pedals out there that sound better then 700 dollar TC units.??????? and I also said you pedal guys must know something I dont know... Then I get the 1 smart ass, but thats in every post) that thinks they know every and brags about there crap.//

i read the entire thread and most importantly your initial post. You were asking for advice on pedals, not rack gear. I do know how to read thanks. Maybe if you learned to type and take people suggestions you wouldn't have a thread thats turning into a {censored}fest...

and btw whats an EAST setup anyway? :o

• Members

then you get a little bitch like that wacopacco that doent even help. that {censored} just pisses me off!

wow 2 posts and your namecalling. Big man you are. If you actually read the thread, L6 was helpful in his responses, but the original poster had some douchebaggery comments about pedals, what do you expect?

btw this is the internet so you calling me a little bitch makes me chuckle. I love Phil so i wont fuel the fire anymore. But say that to me in real life and i'll knock you the {censored} out.

• Members

you are such a bitch,,, maybe a bit slow also.

I think he miss spelled EASY, the T is right next to the Y...

You {censored}s. LMAO

you know theres other words than Bitch out there to use. Time to learn a new one eh? And a bit slow? How so? Give me an example! Since your such a GREAT GUY who contributes SO MUCH to this forum...:rolleyes: give me a {censored}ing example!!!

Archived