so what modelling device can model the FZ-2

L6Sguy

• Members

it seems that if something cannot model a boss fz-2, then the entire state of digital modelling has been a complete waste of time.

players, no, veterans of the music scene, have been shortchanged, because modellers cannot accurately model an fz-2. :mad:

the shortcomings of the entire digital realm have been made glaringly obvious by players who've spent almost their entire high school careers trying to get the legendary fz-2 sounds out of a POD.

their efforts are thankless, and their socks are all sticky.

but there must be a way. we've got men up in space, why cant we simulate the sounds of an FZ-2 through a cranked bassman, and have it sound accurate through a set of 9.95 speakers from WalMart :confused:

• Members

I'm guessing that this sarcastic thread is a spin off of an earlier thread in which the benefits/limitations of digital modelling was discussed.

Reading the specs/descriptions of a piece of gear that claims to be able to emulate a plexi, blackface, silverface, AC30, tweed, etc just summons up the same skepticism I feel when I stumble across one of those "get rich quick" info-mercials on late night TV.

I've been playing for long enough to have tried out a lot of gear. I have yet to be impressed by any type of modelling (POD, COSM, etc.) I have always been leary of any gear that claims to be able to do it all. Invariably, it ends up being able to do nothing very well. So much of it sounds synthetic, sterile, and has shortcumings in testicular fortitude...(has no balls).

That hasn't stopped me from giving them a spin, because after all, if the claims were true, this would truly be one amazing piece of equipment. Alas, the holy grail is still out of reach...maybe some day.

• Members

dude, you are completely missing the point.

I guarantee the POD XT can't replicate a bass amp with a boss FZ-2 going through it, and have it sound like I want it to. For that matter, i doubt I could get it to sound like Steve Albini either. He plays through a bassman 50 using a harmonic percolator, does the POD XT even have a model for that pedal?

if not, between the FZ-2 shortcomings, and not having a single preset for the works of a guitarist/band most folks give not a single {censored} about, the entire digital masquerade has miserably failed.

• Members

Maybe I did miss the point. Either way, I think that digital modelling has it's place, but it's not for everyone. For me, I put as much effort into my sound/tone as I do my playing and my writing. I don't want to plug my guitar into some device and dial up an exact copy of some other guitarist's sound.

"Computer...Kurt Cobain, computer....Jimi Hendrix, computer....Yngwie Malmsteen."

Even if it were possible, no thanks. I would rather develop my own unique sound. However, from the modelling standpoint of being able to dial in specific amps, hell yes, it would be nice to eliminate the need for multiple amps and the cost and space they require with a single piece of equipment. But I doubt we'll ever see (hear) it.

• Members
dude, you are completely missing the point.

I guarantee the POD XT can't replicate a bass amp with a boss FZ-2 going through it, and have it sound like I want it to. For that matter, i doubt I could get it to sound like Steve Albini either. He plays through a bassman 50 using a harmonic percolator, does the POD XT even have a model for that pedal?

if not, between the FZ-2 shortcomings, and not having a single preset for the works of a guitarist/band most folks give not a single {censored} about, the entire digital masquerade has miserably failed.

you're an idiot. the point is, why would i want a {censored}ing POS when i can get what I want out of the pedal? Why would i want this stupid digital {censored} that everything sounds like crap on, when i can just get the original (and other stuff not on it) and have it sound 100x better.

Jesus christ, you're such a stupid {censored}. You yap yap yap, talking all this {censored}, all because i said i hate line6. seriously grow up man, you're {censored}ing pathetic. you should have just left it in the thread, but no, you had to drag out your teenage angst into other threads, picking out my posts and saying stupid {censored} to them, and now you make this thread.

Way to go, you're an immature bastard. :wave:

• Members

Even if it were possible, no thanks. I would rather develop my own unique sound.

That's the way i feel, i don't want it to replicate an exact thing, that'd be pathetic, and that seems to be what L6Sguy thinks I want. But, of course, he'd probably go, "LOL U WENT THRU A TEH KURDT PHASE A YR AGO U NO NOTHING LOL"

I use the "LOL" twice, once at the beginning, once at the end to signify the start and finish of the statement of stupidity.

brackets of stupidity, if you will.

• Members

Not only does digital modeling suck, any company that makes any digital modeling products suck, all their products suck, even if they make analog pedals they still suck because digital modeling sucks, and people that work there, their children suck and their childrens children will suck and so on forever until the end of time all because of the hideous vortex of digital modeling.

• Members
^

thanks for being honest

Here to help :)

and hows the snake-project going?

Really well, at the moment. I just used three velcro tie things and so far it works great. Haven't taken it anywhere yet, and I'll see how it holds up then, but for now it keeps things nice and clean and there's less cables to coil up. Thanks again for the suggestion :thu:

• Members
Urinate, i think you take L6Sguy's posts wayyyy too seriously. It's just the internet man. If what he says bothers you so much, just ignore him...

:o

What? he's the one who started all this by flipping {censored} because I said I hate line6... I'm not about to put anyone on here on ignore because it takes away from anything where they post... I don't know much about ignoring people on message boards, does it show up if they were quoted?

• Members

its got nothing to do with line6. absolutely nothing at all.

i dont know that i've ever even used any line6 gear.

your holier-than-thou attitude, combined with the innocence/naivete of somebody who's never actually been around the block, well that just makes for fun and easy pickin.

that you wouldnt drop the "Well who's your favorite guitarist/tone" schtick makes it even more laughable.

like any competent guitarist only has one tone :idea:

and even if he does, that tone changes as the angle of the mic on the speaker changes. :idea:

• Members

its got nothing to do with line6. absolutely nothing at all.

i dont know that i've ever even used any line6 gear.

your holier-than-thou attitude, combined with the innocence/naivete of somebody who's never actually been around the block, well that just makes for fun and easy pickin.

that you wouldnt drop the "Well who's your favorite guitarist/tone" schtick makes it even more laughable.

like any competent guitarist only has one tone
:idea:

and even if he does, that tone changes as the angle of the mic on the speaker changes.
:idea:

wow. reading comprehension dude, seriously. none of that is true at all, you got your dick in a twist over absolutely nothing.

holier-than-thou attitude :rolleyes: give me a break, i said i hate line6 and [i think] it sucks. God, do i really need to include a marker of "i think" on every damn opinion? Just grow the {censored} up already, accept that i don't like it, and stop trying to find stupid excuses for continuing your childish debate. It has nothign to do with "innocence and naivete" it has to do with me trying it, and disliking it. you're the one who has that holier than thou attitude if it's anyone, all your posts are assholish and condescending, like you know what you're talking about more than anyone else.

I didn't ever ask you what your favorite tone or guitarist were. i said give me an example of a tone you like. you compeltely ignored it at every turn, never even gave some half assed condescending remark.

• Members
Originally Posted by stunningbabe

On the topic...I also hate POD. Sooooooooooo fake and electronic sounding
presets
!

.....I still own all my pedals from my kurt phase (that was a year ago, a lot happens in a year when you're a teenager.....

Oh really? Please, record some clips for me of a shellac tone. Come on, I wanna hear this piece of {censored} replicate something for me, that's what it's supposed to do right?
Model {censored}? If it can't replicate something as easy as an FZ-2, it's a piece of {censored} and a rip off.

I'm dead serious, too........

Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

Good job ignoring, yet again, my question about who you think has good tone, too.

Are you embarrassed by it? Is it something dreadful like EVH, or maybe something incredibly mundane like Jimmy Page?

Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

it's not really about that anymore, it's about him being some stupid {censored} who thinks he knows better than me because he's not a teenager and i used to idolize kurt cobain. I'd be willing to bet cobain had a better grasp of tone anyway than this asshole, even if he did use a DS-1 (he later switched to a Tech21 Sansamp which sounded a lot better after he decided he hated his DS-2 because his DS-1 broke).

:freak:

• Members

which at 17yrs old, must be an absolutely enormous list of gear.

cue cop-out from urinated
:wave:

:freak:

hahahah, you didn't prove {censored} dude. i didnt even know that guy posted... you're an idiot, it's so {censored}ing funny as to how stupid you are. I'm in stitches over this. All you're doing is pulling posts back and trying to prove me to be some sort of hypocrite, but I stand by all that I've said. There's nothign hypocritical there, nothing that anyone can go, "WOW WAT A IDIOT LOL"

haha, and talk about cop out, you didn't respond to my post at all, all you did was post the same {censored} you've been posting for the last few days.

Archived