Ds-1 Comparison

Seth Bean

• Members

I want to get a boss ds-1....im not sure why....i have so many pedals, but i never seem to use anything other than my big muff lol....but anyways....i want to get a black label japan one, but i don't want to if it doesn't sound any different, moneys isn't really an object, because neither cost that much anyways....so go ahead lol...suggest wheterh i should get the new or an original one

ps......i know they don't sound as good as other dirt pedals...im very aware of this, but i play odd little nosie music, so i appericiate stuff like that, and also for an example...i respect the dod grunge, boss mt2, and the sitar swami lol....so yah

• Members

Lol I'm sure it sounds better than like a digitech hot head or some {censored}. I actually kinda forget what it sounded like before the mods, but I was playing a strat through a SS amp and I remember it not being very responsive to volume, dynamics, etc, and having way too much high-end. To each their own, i guess.

• Members

buy a used newer DS-1 for like 20 bux and then put some mods in it and it will sound better than a "vintage" one :-/

EXACTLY!

Seriously though, I own an early silver screw momentary led MIJ DS-1 and a recent Taiwanese DS-1 and there is a difference albeit not a HUGE difference, but to me the mods I have designed for my Taiwanese DS-1 make the MIJ sound like a joke.

• Members

Noise doesn't = bad sound. Grunge pedal produces so much unusable microphonic feedback, and the MT2 is just buzzy apparently.

The DS-1 is a feedback machine though with distortion and level all the way up.

Both DS-1 and DS-2 are *quite* prone to feedback at higher gains.

Archived