The cheapest Leslie ever

ToadWorks

• Members

1. Take one of those little battery powered "smoky" amps

2. plug your guitar into it, and put a piece of duct tape where the cord meets the amp

3. have a friend swing it around while you play

Seriously - it works. Obviously you don't have the fidelity of a real leslie, but it's the exact same phenomenon... lots of fun!

Oh an speaking of Leslies, I just picked up another Leslie, MINT - and it came with a Hammond M-3 organ (same as the B-3 with fewer keys and no presets, but the sound is identical).... all for $100.

$100!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!

• Members

Oh an speaking of Leslies, I just picked up another Leslie, MINT - and it came with a Hammond M-3 organ (same as the B-3 with fewer keys and no presets, but the sound is identical).... all for $100.

$100!!!! BOOYAH!!!!!

Nice. I got my Leslie 205 for $1 at an estate sale where nobody else there knew what it was. The amp section is shot, and it's really not the most desireable model for use with guitar, but all of the drivers and motors work and we used it to get a cool organ-like sound on a recording.

• Members

Glad we can reunite you with your father after all these threads.

The keyboardist in my band has a talkbox where you can whirl the tube around your head for a similar doppler effect. Sounds really cool for faux Leslie sounds.
:thu:

Yes. And you may call me "Dad" or "Papa". Papa like pa-PAH. Not POP-uh.

• Members

Damn, I've been looking for a Leslie for awhile now to use with my B3 clone (Oberheim OB3). I found a guy who builds custom Leslies, usually for guitar, but he's putting one together for my keys rig. It's the smaller nightstand sized model with a 12" speaker. I thought I was getting it at a steal for $400 plus shipping.

Archived