Fender BF Vibro Champ what Speaker?

mattpas

• Members

Weber Alnico Sig 10 - you'll have to cut the baffle off center to make it fit

Not really. It will fit on centre, if the original baffle is just enlarged, but ask Ted to remove 2 of the ribs so as to accommodate the closeness to the 'can cap'.

• Members

I put a Weber SIG 8 Alnico smoothie (no-ribs) in my 65 BFVC. The sound is incredible for such a small amp. They say the ribbed ones break up a little later which wasn't a priority for me though I may experiment with some of the other Weber speakers later since the price is oh so right!:thu:

• Members

I loved the sound of my Vibro Champ through a 12 in Weber Chicago (4 ohm). I I imagine that a 10 in Chicago might also sound nice.

In answer to you question: The Eminence 10 in Patriot Speakers are great, I don't think you can go wrong but you'll have to check on their availability in 4 ohm mode. The Eminence web site only list them as 8 ohm, so unless you plan to wire a pair in parallel - in which case I might suggest a Ragin' Cajun' Li'l Buddy mix - you might have to look else where.

I have a pair of Ragin' Cajuns in a Princeton Chorus and they do sound terrific - great bottom, shimmering treble, and very loud. For me it was a choice between them and the Copperheads which, by the way, get great reviews for fender amps. I was afraid that the Li'l Buddy might be a bit too dark for the Princeton Chorus.

• Members

I loved the sound of my Vibro Champ through a 12 in Weber Chicago (4 ohm). I I imagine that a 10 in Chicago might also sound nice.

In answer to you question: The Eminence 10 in Patriot Speakers are great, I don't think you can go wrong but you'll have to check on their availability in 4 ohm mode. The Eminence web site only list them as 8 ohm, so unless you plan to wire a pair in parallel - in which case I might suggest a Ragin' Cajun' Li'l Buddy mix - you might have to look else where.

I have a pair of Ragin' Cajuns in a Princeton Chorus and they do sound terrific - great bottom, shimmering treble, and very loud. For me it was a choice between them and the Copperheads which, by the way, get great reviews for fender amps. I was afraid that the Li'l Buddy might be a bit too dark for the Princeton Chorus.

Thanks,

The amp is set up for an 8ohm 10" speaker

• Members

i stick with alnico speakers. real vintage soaring hi's...or whatever.

i have always liked the vintage jensens the p10r 12r. those alnico U base magnets are the secret. i have 1 in avt20, and 2 in a princeton chorus. those are bad little SS amps...

P8R_M.jpg

marshall tubes deserve green, blue, or gold celestion speakers..

Archived