Clean amp users

MB-1

• Members

Im using a 2203 100 watt & 2204 50 watt heads im noticing i almost have no amp gain at this point .most of my pedals (dirt) are just sounding better without gain...

so what marshall (or other) should i consider...

I do like a (wall of sound) 100 watt full stack 50 watt 1/2 stack..

And yes im scared to visit the amp forum.

• Members

Wait, so you want a marshall to just run clean? if so, then I would say get yourself a Metro 69' Plexi kit. An old superlead will stay loud, and be a great platform for pedals. I personally use a 2203, and I love it for a tight crunch sound, then I throw a few pedals infront for a little more.

Also, Plexis are quite arguably take pedals the best out of any of the marshalls.

OR, you could send your 2203 to FJA mods and have a clean channel added, that could be footswitchable.

• Members

I own a 2203 and I ran into the low impedance input for a while. You crank the preamp gain and get the master cooking a little hotter than you normally would. Viola! Cleanish Marshall...

I ultimately decided that I never needed to get that clean and now run into the high input with the preamp on 5-6. Suits me fine...

• Members

Im wondering if stock2203 would be better...my stock 2204 im thinking sounds better..i cant decide if its because of 50watt compared to 100watt. or the mods on the 2203....this is the 2203

JCM 800 Reissue head. point to point wired turret board installed, as well as a high end Mercury Magnetics output transformer and choke. The work is top grade, exceptionally neat, and was done by Wakarusa amps The circuit was built to exact vintage JCM 800 specs, just point to point wired using the finest componments. In addition, it has an all tube effects loop with send/return controls on the back, the stock loop was solid state.

This Marshall has bit more low end and gain that the standard JCM 800's. If you've always wanted a point to point JCM 800, here you go. It uses 4xEL34 and 4x12AX7 and has new Svetlana EL34's and Chinese preamp tubes.

marsh4-1.jpg

marsh5-1.jpg

• Members

wow that's a lot of {censored}ing tubes.

the most tubes i've seen in an amp is like 5.

Marshall 6100LE 30TH Anniversary (7) 12AX7's and 4 EL34's 100 Watts

30thcha2.jpg

Mesa/Boogie MKIII Coliseum Simul-Class. (5)12AX7's and (4) 6L6's and (2) EL34's 180 Watts

boogie%20back.jpg

Diezel Herbert (6) 12AX7's and 6 EL34's 180 Watts

diezel-tubes.jpg

Archived