pedal cases

only_shallow

• Members

So, I just saw some Stagg pedal cases in a store, so I wondered, are these any good? do they break after a few months just like the other stagg stuff?

Gonna start jamming with buddies soon so I'm gonna need something to transport the pedals in... this seems cheapest and an easy option... Should I?

• Members

also on the cheap/easy tip is the EH pedalbag/board. while the theory may sound teh stoopid, the way its designed (and once theres 5+ pedals on it), theres almost no flex involved in transport (read: no stomps banging around, no yanked cables, etc). weighs almost nothing, and the velcro has never, ever budged even when storing it vertically :eek: cant say that about many low-rent boards.

i got mine with quite low expectations, but figured worst case scenario was i'd have a new bag for some recording stuff (shorty mic stands particularly). 2yrs later, my perfectly-good anvil case with removable pedalboard is still being used to raise my amp up 6" at the practice space, and the EH bag keeps truckin dependably. and keepin the gear safe, & looking good.

if you are the type that treats your gear with the slightest care, and arent touring/etc, its great. and thats not to say that with $3 more in, EH couldnt have made it better, but really, i woundt have typed this long about a $29 pedalbag if i didnt think it was that cool.

i'd even type more about it.

• Members

About the EHX bag, can you take the board out of the bag, or do you have to put the bag on stage? It looks quite horrible to have that opened vinyl bag on stage...

Board remains fixed inside the bag, it's semi solid (if you know what I mean).

I'm currently building a 'proper' board, got some shelves left over from my kitchen, going to make two solid boards of 3' x 10" and get two keyboard softcases for carrying them in.

• Members

I was wondering if any of you guys ever find your pedals all messed up after storing your pedal board vertically for a few days.

I'm using the pedal train pro and I thought the adhesive on the supplied velcro would be strong enough but apparently it ain't so.

Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening ?

• Members

I was wondering if any of you guys ever find your pedals all messed up after storing your pedal board vertically for a few days.

I'm using the pedal train pro and I thought the adhesive on the supplied velcro would be strong enough but apparently it ain't so.

I never store it vertically, I always lay it flat when being transported, and when at home or rehersal / gig it's always open. Another good use of these bags is when gigging you can toss the top onto it so no beer gets spilt after you have setup.

I guess if it was stored vertically it would be OK for a few days, when the lid is zipped on there is a reasonable amount of compression being applied to the top.

• Members

pack the inside with: foam (a la Anvil case), towels, blanket, etc.

the force of the packing (on the inside ofthe lid) keep things in place then.

if theres no empty space for the pedals to shift into, they wont.

• Members

About the EHX bag, can you take the board out of the bag, or do you have to put the bag on stage? It looks quite horrible to have that opened vinyl bag on stage...

the top completely comes off the 'board', and the shoulder strap fits right around the back of the board, leaving everything looking pretty tidy/tight.

but, if you've not seen it, how can you put forth that its horrible? is it not balls-out ROCK enough? :confused:

• Members

rondo boards ftw. but i'd suggest putting your own carpet in it :-d

+1. i think i'm gonna order a smaller one than i have now. i was thinking of selling my older large one but i feel like finding a box for that thing and shipping it would be more than it's worth.

• Members

anybody got any pics of their EH pedal bag fully loaded so we can see what fits on there?

blurro-cam at your service.

this is what i had on there the other nite; empty space lower left is where amp's switcher (ch, loop) lives. top row is fx loop (excluding tuner, which is fed by A/B box beneath it), bottom is front end.

ehx1.jpg

ehx3.jpg

ehx4.jpg

nothing too ugly at all.

ehx5.jpg

not vinyl. fiber-enriched nylon :freak: maybe? i dunno, but pretty certainly durable enough for my (relatively low-impact) applications.

the next 2 pics have a couple stomps added in where the amps fs goes; the board is fairly 'packed' (but not quite maxxed, either) now. accessory pocket is pretty filled with cables, capo, etc.

ehx6.jpg

ehx7.jpg

at first i thought the handle out front was gonna drive me nuts. as it turns out, now i feel somewhat disoriented when i play without a fabric handle in front of me :freak:

Archived