Reverse reverb

bvester

• Members

Yes, you are welcome
:)

So if that is not reverse reverb, then what is it exactly?

When you turn the balance completely clockwise, you are only hearing the effected signal - no direct signal. So, when you use modes 4-7 (Delay + Reverb), you are hearing the reverb first, giving the illusion that the signal is fading in. Then you hear the echo arrive, which gives the illusion that the fade in culminates in the attack of the signal.

It's a great sound actually, of its own. I'm going to experiment more with it :D

• Members

NanoVerbs are dumb cheap used ($30 maybe) and the Non-Linear function approximates a reverse reverb pretty well. Other Alesis rack multi-effects also have a similar setting (I've used both a MicroVerb and a Nano).

The NanoVerb is an inexpensive little thing (it'll fit on the top of yr amp or on the pedalboard) - With it, tons of OD/fuzz, delay, and reverb you can get a reasonable MBV like tone on the cheap.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

NanoVerbs are dumb cheap used ($30 maybe) and the Non-Linear function approximates a reverse reverb pretty well. Other Alesis rack multi-effects also have a similar setting (I've used both a MicroVerb and a Nano).

The NanoVerb is an inexpensive little thing (it'll fit on the top of yr amp or on the pedalboard) - With it, tons of OD/fuzz, delay, and reverb you can get a reasonable MBV like tone on the cheap.

Has anyone else used the Nanoverb for reverse reverb?

Archived