Reverse reverb

bvester

• Members

Yeah they are really versatile. I think that you will be totally happy with it. There is no setting called "reverse reverb", but if you set it to setting 6, 100% wet, delay time anywhere, feedback at zero, you will be able to acheive the desired effect. It is definitely one of the most essential pedals to my sound that I own.

• Members

I never played the RV5 so I can't say for sure, but the thing that makes it work with the RV3 is that it has a setting for delay and reverb mixed together. I don't believe that the RV5 has a similar setting, so my guess would be no, it wouldn't work with the RV5.

• Members

Alesis Nanoverb. It hasnt got revverb but it has a function which turns the gate backwards so that all the notes sound reverse (but not backwards). So, technically yes, it is reverse reverb. Dont bother with pedal reverse reverbs, they're different than the rack ones, me thinks. Do some reseaching on the nanoverb, now.

• Members

Yeah they are really versatile. I think that you will be totally happy with it. There is no setting called "reverse reverb", but if you set it to setting 6, 100% wet, delay time anywhere, feedback at zero, you will be able to acheive the desired effect. It is definitely one of the most essential pedals to my sound that I own.

:eek: I have to try this out.

• Members

I tried out the RV-3 setting you mentioned. It isn't a real reverse reverb. When you remove the original signal and boost the wet signal, you hear the reverb first, and then the delayed signal arrives after the reverb, thus giving the illusion of a reverse reverb. Very clever and ingenious. Thank you for the tip. :thu:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I tried out the RV-3 setting you mentioned. It isn't a real reverse reverb. When you remove the original signal and boost the wet signal, you hear the reverb first, and then the delayed signal arrives after the reverb, thus giving the illusion of a reverse reverb. Very clever and ingenious. Thank you for the tip.
:thu:

Yes, you are welcome :)

So if that is not reverse reverb, then what is it exactly?

• Members

I am no imposter friend :)

Certainly I have head the effects of reverse reverb and I know how to manipulate the pedals that I have to replicate it, but I just don't know exactly how it works if not just that you hear the effect before the attack of the string.

So if you can explain it I would be much obliged...

:poke: (I am using this just because I have not had the pleasure of employing it yet)

• Members

I am no imposter friend
:)

Certainly I have head the effects of reverse reverb and I know how to manipulate the pedals that I have to replicate it, but I just don't know exactly how it works if not just that you hear the effect before the attack of the string.

So if you can explain it I would be much obliged...

:poke: (I am using this just because I have not had the pleasure of employing it yet)

I really don't know, i was jay kay lawl

Archived