because theres always more folks that NEED to read this.....

L6Sguy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know any good website(s) that might have a list of albums released in 02/03?

:idea:

If we could get our hands on a list like that we could determine which were debut albums, which bands had memebers who had played in bands previously, which were recorded in LA etc etc etc

Google is not being my friend :cry:

• Members

I wanna know who the band is!

I could give a crap about mixerman I just wanna know who the band is!

What year did all this take place?

Dude, I'm with you. I need to know who this {censored}ty band is, just to confirm all my feelings and suspicions on how {censored}ty bands come to be. The Ataris seems like a good start. Had a big break out album in 2003, from the mid-west, had a million members. I don't see anything about them getting in a bidding war though.

• Members

Hey Everyone,

Since there are several posters wishing they could get their hands on a book, and without paying the going price of $100+ for a First Edition on Ebay, I thought I'd let you all know you won't have to wait much longer.

The Daily Adventures of Mixerman
will be coming out on Hal Leonard's Backbeat Books imprint in the Spring of 2009.

If it's okay with the moderator, I'll come back when I have a precise release date.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

best. news. ever.

• Members

Thanks for the read man, I'm about to delve into it now.

A certain rock star whom I've worked with thinks having new socks every day is the ultimate luxury. He hates "cheaters" - which is what he calls socks that sag.

Hah that's great. I've always called 'em "quitters."

• Members

Hey Guys,

Just so you all understand, there are currently 6 weeks online. So, you're missing at least 4 weeks of the story, and frankly, it's the best 4 weeks of the book, and contains the ending (obviously!).

As to claims that it's a composite, I'll leave you all to debate that. I have always maintained that it's all true. But it's kind of nice to see the debate going again. For you internet sleuths, trying to figure out what year it was posted, there are dates on each entry (of the ones that still reside online) and there are days of the week that go with those dates. That would be a good starting point in determining the year they went on the internet. That was an exciting time. There were 150,000 people coming per day by the end of my postings.

Lastly, there have been many guesses as to my identity over the years. And I've seen people claim to know I was a person that I'm not. And I've seen people claim to know who the band was, only to be wrong. So I'm not sure the old adage stands any longer. You know the one. If it's on the internet it must be true.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

• Members

Hey Guys,

Just so you all understand, there are currently 6 weeks online. So, you're missing at least 4 weeks of the story, and frankly, it's the best 4 weeks of the book, and contains the ending (obviously!).

As to claims that it's a composite, I'll leave you all to debate that. I have always maintained that it's all true. But it's kind of nice to see the debate going again. For you internet sleuths, trying to figure out what year it was posted, there are dates on each entry (of the ones that still reside online) and there are days of the week that go with those dates. That would be a good starting point in determining the year they went on the internet. That was an exciting time. There were 150,000 people coming per day by the end of my postings.

Lastly, there have been many guesses as to my identity over the years. And I've seen people claim to
know
I was a person that I'm not. And I've seen people claim to
know
who the band was, only to be wrong. So I'm not sure the old adage stands any longer. You know the one. If it's on the internet it must be true.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

I only got to read the first three weeks.

But they were classic as {censored}. I'll most definitely pick up the reissue of the book.

Well, you know that I know who you are Mixerman, but they'll never get anything from me. I made a promise, and I respect the importance of keeping it. That's just the way I roll...

I'm glad to hear the book is being reprinted. I sincerely hope it does well for you - it is indeed a true classic. :phil:

Glad to see you all are enjoying it, but I seriously couldn't get past the first few entries. It just seemed more judgmental than funny to me.

Spent much time in a studio?

Seriously - anyone who has worked for more than a few weeks in a studio environment is going to see some of those character types in real life. And if the characterizations sometimes seem less than flattering, imagine being the guy who has to deal with that crap day in and day out...

My wife likes to watch American Idol. I don't watch it much myself - it reminds me too much of work. Yes, some people really ARE that self-delusional, and really think they're "it", even when they suck beyond all reasonable measure. The Mixerman Dairies are similar IMO... not ALL sessions or bands are like that, but that stuff DOES happen. Those of us who are subjected to it do sometimes find amusement in reading about it when it is presented in such an eloquent, entertaining and amusing fashion. Especially if it's someone else's session and problem. :lol:

• Members
Spent much time in a studio?

Seriously - anyone who has worked for more than a few weeks in a studio environment is going to see some of those character types in real life. And if the characterizations sometimes seem less than flattering, imagine being the guy who has to deal with that crap day in and day out...

My wife likes to watch American Idol. I don't watch it much myself - it reminds me too much of work. Yes, some people really ARE that self-delusional, and really think they're "it", even when they suck beyond all reasonable measure. The Mixerman Dairies are similar IMO... not ALL sessions or bands are like that, but that stuff DOES happen. Those of us who are subjected to it do sometimes find amusement in reading about it when it is presented in such an eloquent, entertaining and amusing fashion. Especially if it's someone else's session and problem.
:lol:

Yeah, I interned in a studio in high school and even at that age I was AMAZED at the attitude of some folks and the characters that walked in. Maybe it's just the style of writing for me--I dunno, I don't consider myself easily bothered by insults and whatnot, but it felt like shooting fish in a barrel to me.

But seriously, I'm glad you guys are digging it and more power to MM getting the book reprinted!

Yeah, I interned in a studio in high school and even at that age I was AMAZED at the attitude of some folks and the characters that walked in. Maybe it's just the style of writing for me--I dunno, I don't consider myself easily bothered by insults and whatnot, but it felt like shooting fish in a barrel to me.

That's cool - not everyone digs my writing style either. :idk:

I'm sure you learned that interns and seconds should only speak when someone asks them a question, and they should ask the first engineer before messing with their setups... I will say this though - regardless of nepotism or politics, if some intern or assistant messed with my carefully placed drum mikes, I wouldn't be as nice about how I reacted as Mixerman was - I'd break fingers. ;)

It really CAN be as bad as he describes. I don't know about MM, but what keeps me going through the crap sessions is the good ones - the ones where everything and everyone is "clicking" and magic is happening. The rush I get from that makes up for the crap - for the most part that is... ;):D

Archived