because theres always more folks that NEED to read this.....

L6Sguy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

mars volta has (had?) a keyboard player.

Yes, they do have a keyboard player, his name is Ikey something, dont remember. I think he started playing with Omar and Cedric back when they were doing De Facto.

Haven't read the story yet, to busy, but I'll make time for it.

the firebrand series had a 335-s,an SG and an LP.they look quite similar to yours,except the gibson logo was done to resemble a cow-brand.oddly enough,the used prices on them are cheaper than what i think they should be.ive seen the LP and SG go for 450 sometimes.i believe they were from the early 80s.

Correct. I've owned two Firebrand LP's - one was a '79 and the other an '81 IIRC. Nice guitars, and they're still fairly inexpensive on the used market.

• Members
the firebrand series had a 335-s,an SG and an LP.they look quite similar to yours,except the gibson logo was done to resemble a cow-brand.oddly enough,the used prices on them are cheaper than what i think they should be.ive seen the LP and SG go for 450 sometimes.i believe they were from the early 80s.

yeah, seen the LP but never had a chance to try. didnt know the 335 was done as well.

sounds like a fret job could be in order though; frets dont get that worn unless the guitar is a real player :cool:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hey Everyone,

Since there are several posters wishing they could get their hands on a book, and without paying the going price of $100+ for a First Edition on Ebay, I thought I'd let you all know you won't have to wait much longer.

The Daily Adventures of Mixerman will be coming out on Hal Leonard's Backbeat Books imprint in the Spring of 2009.

If it's okay with the moderator, I'll come back when I have a precise release date.

Enjoy,

Mixerman

i also thought the part about new socks every day was pretty brilliant. like Pulitzer-brilliant.

A certain rock star whom I've worked with thinks having new socks every day is the ultimate luxury. He hates "cheaters" - which is what he calls socks that sag.

I'm still not Mixerman though. :)

I personally loved the drum miking fiasco...

I wanna know who the band is!

I could give a crap about mixerman I just wanna know who the band is!

Some think it's one of several commonly mentioned bands, others think it's a compilation of events from various sessions with a variety of bands, while still others think at least some of it is completely fictional.

Even if I knew for certain, I wouldn't tell. Honestly, that takes away part of the fun in reading it. :)

• Members

Some think it's one of several commonly mentioned bands, others think it's a compilation of events from various sessions with a variety of bands, while still others think at least some of it is completely fictional.

Even if I knew for certain, I wouldn't tell. Honestly, that takes away part of the fun in reading it.
:)

Yeah...

It does seem likely that it would be a compilation, so I guess if it came out that that was the case it would take to fun out of the story a bit.

Still...

Even if it is based on multiple bands I'd like to know who all of them are, especially Cotton!

So Phil, can you at least give away the year the album might have been recorded/released?

• Members

Dammit I have to get ready for work but I really wanna keep reading.

I've tried google to find out who this might be but without alot of success. I have a hard time believing it's Lifehouse as they are supposed to be clean living right? Not smoking fatties and doing blow?

I want to keep reading and I want to know who everyone is! Stoopid work :mad:

Archived