Effects forum's overrated bands and albums!

greeny

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really, what's up with this band and album? I know that it's effects laden and all, but c'mon. This band and album is just way overrated on these parts. They can't even make a follow up for this crap?

61.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hmmm - I dunno - maybe.

I nominate all muse records.

• Members

Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist

I've listened to the whole thing several times through. I like it, but it's nothing like the other records. The guitars are quite boring, even compared to Zwan. Gish was their best, IMHO.

I also think SRV is overrated. I have pretty much his whole discography and I find him pretty ho-hum compared to Hendrix. I love SRV as a person and guitar player.

• Members

Really, what's up with this band and album? I know that it's effects laden and all, but c'mon. This band and album is just way overrated on these parts. They can't even make a follow up for this crap?

61.jpg

:rolleyes:

no, it is not, only because me and 3-5 other people post in the shoegaze thread doesnt mean we talk about loveless all the time. If you ask me, they're underrated.

• Members

Smashing Pumpkins' Zeitgeist

I've listened to the whole thing several times through. I like it, but it's nothing like the other records. The guitars are quite boring, even compared to Zwan. Gish was their best, IMHO.

I also think SRV is overrated. I have pretty much his whole discography and I find him pretty ho-hum compared to Hendrix. I love SRV as a person and guitar player.

I agree the new pumpkins album is a massive dissapointment for me.. It's ok, but nothing more.

• Members

I wasn't a big fan of My Bloody Valentine either.

Other bands include The Beatles, Sonic Youth, U2, and the Mars Volta.

Oh yeah, and the OP's avatar.

Yeah, you heard me. Flame away.

Are Mars volta overrated? I only know one person who likes them!!! :lol:

• Members

Jeff Buckley - Grace

dude, i dont really think grace can be called overrated seeing as how a {censored}ton of people have never even heard of jeff buckley.

That album is like, the ultimate pop record. There's nothing better than listening to Mojo Pin while falling asleep and having So Real blast you back awake.

It's great.

And to the threadstarter, go {censored} yourself. Just because we're not talking about Are you Experienced? or some other piece of overrated {censored} doesn't mean MBV is a great band.

{censored}ing overrated. That pisses me off. I'd like you to listen to this album on acid then compare it to anything else you listen to.

please, do it.

Actually, don't, I don't even want you to have an experience that great, you don't deserve it.

I hope he's kidding.

• Members

Nirvana, whoever said Radiohead is a plain fool. FOOL! you dont know talent!

Radiohead is too. Kid A is their only amazing album. Nirvana is only overrated if you look at them like every other 12 year old kid does. They aren't if you look at it from a music critic stand point. You hear a lot of big stars talking about Nirvana and giving them props, but it's always along the lines of, "Kurt proved you don't need to be a great player and play a hundred chords or a thousand notes to write great melodies."

Nirvana gets a bad rep from those kids that are like, "Yeah, Kurdt (his REAL name) is pretty much the most amazing thing to happen to this planet and music in general. he was such a genuine person and so caring. and hes so cute (lol!)"

• Members

:blah:i hate this band:blah:i love this band:blah:this band has no talent:blah:these guys can't play:blah:too trendy:blah:too old school:blah:teh bandZ iZ not bR00WtlZ:blah:"x"band PW3NZ "y"band:blah:

.....SIGH.....:deadhorse:

somewhere, wise man is saying something about opinions and a$$holes.

Archived