ABY Boxes - Gimme a quick rundown

tenoken

• Members

It seems that the Morley one is the standard. But I read that it has tone suckage.

Is the Whirlwind Selector better?

What about the EHX Nano Switchblade? Can it do 2 ins or 2 outs?

What can you guys recommend?

I plan to use it for live shows, mostly for switching between guitars. But sometimes it'd be fun to run stereo amps, or dueling amps.

• Members
It seems that the
Morley
one is the standard. But I read that it has tone suckage.

Is the
Whirlwind
Selector better?

What about the
EHX
Nano Switchblade? Can it do 2 ins
or
2 outs?

I plan to use it for live shows, mostly for switching between guitars. But sometimes it'd be fun to run stereo amps, or dueling amps.

Thanks
:D

the switchblade that is out right now is only A/b.mono in.

the morley doesnt sound as good as the big shot.it also didnt sound as good as the aby i had that Taylor makes,i believe its called a a/b/both if you want to search for it.

the whirlwind in the 99 price range doesnt sound as good as the toadworks in that price range.

theres always the loop master route unless you need it asap.

of course there is lehle if you want the best and have the cash

• Members

Hmm, looks like a ProCo box.

So that one only has 1 input and 2 outputs?

"No instrument switching for you" (in Soup Nazi voice)

you just run it backwards to switch instruments.

unless you want to switch amps and instruments with the same pedal......i dont know one of those.would that even be an aby? it seems like it would be an H

• Members
It seems that the
Morley
one is the standard. But I read that it has tone suckage.

Is the
Whirlwind
Selector better?

What about the
EHX
Nano Switchblade? Can it do 2 ins
or
2 outs?

Thanks
:D

We could probably build a powerless one really easily. Skycraft should have just about everything except the pushbutton switches.

• Members
We could probably build a powerless one really easily. Skycraft should have just about everything except the pushbutton switches.

F&E is right, I wouldn't go spending loads of money, all you need is jack sockets, switches and the know-how to wire it all up right..which unfortunatly I don't have I'm afraid. :cry:

I would recommend Red Onion Solutions (like I always do) but because of the exchange rate and postage to the US they are expensive for you. :cry:

• Members

I've just had a thought! :idea:

how about 2 swtchblades next to each other?

{censored}, no sorry I'm talking retarded...that isn't gonna work!!:freak:

....oh hang on...if you had one upsidedown.... 2 ins, 1 out to 1 in two outs.... that might give you the 'H' box!??? :thu:

• Members

Well, I have seen schematics for DIY ABY's, and they don't look too tough.

A switchblade is actually a simple circuit. But if I can find a used ABY for under $30 I'd probably prefer that, since I have enough DIY projects to get to, and the cost of making one would run close to $20 anyway.

:)

• Members
Well, I have seen schematics for DIY ABY's, and they don't look too tough.

A switchblade is actually a simple circuit. But if I can find a used ABY for under $30 I'd probably prefer that, since I have enough DIY projects to get to, and the cost of making one would run close to $20 anyway.

:)

yeah, that's cool....we just didn't want to see you spending $100 on something you can make for $20.... we were just thinking of the welfare of your wallet! :lol:

• Members
I've just had a thought!
:idea:

how about 2 swtchblades next to each other?

{censored}, no sorry I'm talking retarded...that isn't gonna work!!
:freak:

....oh hang on...if you had one upsidedown.... 2 ins, 1 out to 1 in two outs.... that might give you the 'H' box!???
:thu:

this would get the dulaing inputs and outputs but not the stereo option.im willing to bet you could come by two dod 270s used for 30 bucks if you wanted.

if the stereo idea is better than the dueling idea to you you might be better off with the a/b in the front and a stereo effect at the end.

to do everything though it sounds like you would need an ab and aby.the new lehle duals do have stereo ins.theoretically this could be used for two instrument inputs yes? although i guess the signal from the guitar you arent using wouldnt be switched off,so i dont know how that would play out

Archived