exhausted foo fighters

Urinate Forever

• Members

aiight, so the tone on this song is orgasmic. I've heard he used a vintage rat combined with a vox AC20's drive. What do you guys think? I can get kinda close to it with my big muff.

Also, what do you guys think of reverb pedals? I kind of want the EHX holy grail so i can add a spacey part to one thing of a song and have it not be too obvious what's different.

• Members

One of my favorite songs of theirs. AFAIK, he didn't use an AC-30 until "There Is Nothing Left to Lose". It was a Marshall on the first album, and he also used the little Marshall baby amp for alot of tones on that album like on "watershed" and "exhausted". What you're hearing for the verses of the song is guitar through the Marshall baby amp with a distortion pedal. I read that in a guitar mag ages ago. Too bad the Foo's are lame now. It was all downhill after Pat Smear left, and come to think of it after that blonde douchebag replaced William Goldsmith on drums.

And yeah, the holy grail rules.

• Members

One of my favorite songs of theirs. AFAIK, he didn't use an AC-30 until "There Is Nothing Left to Lose". It was a Marshall on the first album, and he also used the little Marshall baby amp for alot of tones on that album like on "watershed" and "exhausted". What you're hearing for the verses of the song is guitar through the Marshall baby amp with a distortion pedal. I read that in a guitar mag ages ago. Too bad the Foo's are lame now. It was all downhill after Pat Smear left, and come to think of it after that blonde douchebag replaced William Goldsmith on drums.

And yeah, the holy grail rules.

I love Goldsmith in Sunny Day Real Estate, but watching the Foo's video's i think Taylor fits better. and i agree i think Pat offered more to the band - more backing vocals whcih i think they lack in (except for the new song with Taylor singing) I prefer older Foo's alot more but they are still a tight band and pump out songs! Dave Grohl is an amazing guy...too bad most of the songs sound the same:p

• Members

id ont care what he uses anymore, i'm disappointed in him, he's gotten so bad. I haven't heard the new song, but i can't imagine it's good.

???

In Your Honor is an awesome record. How can you imagine it's not good if you haven't heard it? Sounds pretty ignorant. I have Nothing Left, One by One, In Your Honour, and i love all 3. I still need to get the first 2 albums.

• Members

yea pretty much. I bought this album, then saw them on tv, then got there other stuff.

yeah. i'm not surprised then, really. I think it's something that old school foo fighters and nirvana fans turned foo fans have. I don't really wanna speak for everyone, but this is what I've seen. I just think they've steadily gone downhill with every record after their first. A lot of people say nothing left to lose was their last good one, but i think even colour and shape was pretty meh, it lost all that rock and got all that pop.

• Members

yeah. i'm not surprised then, really. I think it's something that old school foo fighters and nirvana fans turned foo fans have. I don't really wanna speak for everyone, but this is what I've seen. I just think they've steadily gone downhill with every record after their first. A lot of people say nothing left to lose was their last good one, but i think even colour and shape was pretty meh, it lost all that rock and got all that pop.

so then your saying they only had 1 good album then?

• Members

so then your saying they only had 1 good album then?

yeah pretty much. i used to have the colour and shape but only ended up listening to everlong so i ditched it.

it's like one of those things though, the first couple albums were good enough that people always remain loyal and hope for their new album to be as good as the first. Weezer's pretty much the same. Funny thing is, weezer and the foo went on tour together a few years back.

• Members

holy grail! get it now!

yeah i saw you had it. I played one about a year ago I guess and thought the hall reverb was great.

The reason I asked about the reverb is because I was playing at a lower volume than usually but wanted some feedback, and making my guitar dry hump the cabinet didn't work, so i turned the reverb on my amp all the way up and it worked great. it also gave it a spacey dreamy feel, and playing the chords following the feedback for the song worked with the reverb, but the next part didn't. It just seems like a cool little accent that not many people would notice but it'd make a huge difference, you know?

• Members

I liked the first foo fighters album, I saw them play Reading Festival just after that album came out and they were great...I saw them last year at a festival and it was like fuckin' stadium rock, all 'clap your hands' 'dualing guitars' 'crowd sing the chorus' and all that shit.. I gotta agree with urine8 here...I like the first album, my Girlfriend likes all the others, that tells me something!! :lol:

• Members

They have turned just a bit stadium rock. But hey, they're a huge band and that is pretty much unavoidable when you're so big...you have to play for the crowd. It's not like they're playing to 200 person halls. I like Grohl and really hope he doesn't descend into Bono style sanctimony and posturing.

Archived