digitech xp-200 modulator error

damacy

• Members

hello, there.

i've had this pedal called "digitech xp-200 modulator" for a while (basically it's a digital modulation multi-effect including vol, tuner, phaser, vibrato, flanger and tremolo), but never had a chance to try it out. today, i finally managed to get a power supply for it (pro link adp9cr; input: 240v ac 50hz, output: 9v dc 500mA regulated) and when i turned it on to test it out at home, no sound was coming out of this box. the led was on, but no sound at all. obviously, it is not true bypass, so not even a dry signal of my guitar was there.

reported from one of the reviews i found on the net, there's a bug in the processor which might have caused the problem.

does anyone have a clue what is wrong with the pedal? or anyone with any experience with this pedal?

thanks a lot in advance. :)

• Members

Maybe try removing the eprom chip (I think this is what they are called) if it is socketed and putting it back in said socket making sure to orient it the same as when you removed it. I also don't think that 500milliamps is enough for this pedal. Look at the power requirements for it. I bet they are closer to 1000milliamps...

• Members

That series of Digitech pedals requires a 9V
AC
supply, 750ma or greater. An Alesis adapter will work. The current Digitech adapter (I forget the model number) is 9VAC @ 1.3A.

I knew it was more than 500ma but wasn't at home to check the power requirements on my modded XP1000. Hopefully that is all that is wrong...

• Members

I knew it was more than 500ma but wasn't at home to check the power requirements on my modded XP1000. Hopefully that is all that is wrong...

it's 500ma. i believe the adaptor i first used was incompatible with the pedal (as mentioned by krellmusician, ac not dc). i'll let you know if it works with a proper one. but i sent the pedal to a tech to see if it was caused by a different issue, so it might take a while. again, thanks very much. :)

Archived