Anybody know of any True Bypass delay pedals...

VLJ

• Members

...besides the Dr Scientist Sunny Day Delay and the Keeley modded AD9?

I recently tried both pedals and each one had an issue or two that was a deal breaker for me. The Keeley AD9 is dead silent whether it's on or off but it just doesn't have long enough delay times and it doesn't sound as good to me as the Dr Scientist Sunny Day Delay. The Dr Scientist pedal sounds great and it offers sufficient delay times but it adds too much noise when it's engaged. When it's clicked on it really raises the amp's noise floor quite a bit, which is something I've never encountered before with a delay pedal.

Any other True Bypass delay pedals out there? Digital or analog, I don't even care. I just want zero noise whether the unit is on or off and I want longer available delay times than what's possible with the Keeley AD9.

• Members

Look into the Analogman AR20DL-XL with 600ms. He has been getting more of these 600ms ones in lately and they sound amazing. They are buffered bypass but the buffer sounds great. I honestly can't tell its there. I have a 300ms and a 600ms version of his delay and for the money these sound as good as or even better than an Ibanez AD80...

• Members

Berhinger vintage time machine says it is "true hard-wire bypass", not sure what that means.

Seems to me that "hard-wire" is just to throw you off of the fact that it is not true bypass. But, I don't know either and am sure that fact will be brought to my attention. But hey, love to learn.

• Members

True bypass is overrated. If you're getting too much noise from and echo park or dd-20 or anything else of comparable quality, you either a) have some other problem with noise that's not the delay pedal, or b) you're just too damn anal-retentitive [adjective (of a person) excessively orderly and fussy (supposedly owing to conflict over toilet-training in infancy). noun (also anal retentive) a person who is excessively orderly and fussy].

• Members

I would agree to a point. If you only have one or two non-true-bypass pedals, I don't think it's going to make a huge difference. However, once you get into a situation in which you have several of these in your path, you can start to see a difference.

Archived