New Idea Im working towards....help would be cool!!

Seth Bean

• Members

Ok...for a long time i've wanted to do this like "wall of amps" thing...the thing is is that im not "teh shrezzor teh metallzheadzz" so i don't want to do like the wall of cabs thing.....im thinking more like abunch of different just like...odd amps...like my twin reverb...and then a a jcm800...and a silvertone twin twelve....stuff like that.....just like standards. Getting said amps isn't really my delima...its more like...i feel its sort of impractical...see currently i run a fender twin reverb...and i get all of my dirt from boxes, so thats one hting....another issue is control...i think ill build like a switching system or somthing....but yah...im just looking for general info on this...has anyone here done that before...like ran say...5+ amps together at once?

Do you think a switching system like this would work:

The switch would have a button for each amp on it, and maybe like a button to turn on all of them...and then all off....i don't htink it would be that hard....id also runn the majority of my efects before the switch...

well any input or tips or judgement would be cool...thanks

• Members

You want to be able to individually switch 5 amps on or off in any combination? That's not impossible, but will cost because you'll have to get it made custom. While you're at it, buy three panner pedals, plug two into the outs of the one, then plug the four outs into four amps and have ridiculous panning.

Actually depending on your effects you might want to incorporate them to help you control your amps. Example:

DT-10 Tuner - It has two outputs, when you activate the tuner, one of the outputs mutes. You can use that essentially to turn an amp on and off. Also some delay/chorus pedals will have a second output that will only be active when the delay pedal is on etc. Could help you shape some nice textures.

Archived