Help me choose a Trem/Pan pedal to build... 4ms Stereo Panneur?

dap99

• Members

I've recently caught the DIY bug and have modded my Wah, TS9, and built the BYOC muff clone kit and added one of the suggested mods. My amp has tremolo, but it's a pretty subtle effect so I'd like to build a pedal that can give me a good trem effect, but also that really 'hard' trem effect as well where it sounds like the signal is cut between oscillations (if that's the right word).

Anyone have experience w/ the 4ms stereo panneur? The kit is only $125. It's probably more pedal than I need, but it looks cool and fun to build.

Are there 'store bought' pedals that have the above effects AND a tap tempo?

Thanks!

• Members

You guys are on to something! The Tremulus would be much better for my current needs. I'm not running a stereo rig, and yeah, Velcroboy, all thos knobs are pretty cool, but I can see myself getting overwhelmed w/ them.

Hey, how's that Fkn Rat? any sound clips yet?

Collapse, I like the idea of a footswitch. I think I'd start w/ the stock model, but add that mod later. Thanks for the idea.

Now if I want to get really fancy, I could just order the PCB and get all the parts and enclosure on my own to try to save a little more $. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks again.:thu:

• Members

I think the best control layout is five knobs + two footswitches.

Volume, Depth, Spacing, Shape, Rate

Square/Sin Bypass

Volume, depth, and rate are all pretty self explanatory.

I'm not really sure what spacing does, but it makes the trem seem like it "flickers." Sort of a combination of shape, rate, and depth all at once. :confused: 4ms says that it affects the duty cycle of the wave. It's weird but it does some neat stuff.

Shape lets you manipulate the slope of the wave so you can do ramp up or ramp down sawtooth. Ramp up sawtooth is my favorite trem shape. :love:

Then the Square/Sin stomp lets you do all of that on either waveform. I'd suggest just doing it as a stomp at the beginning. You're just running leads and stuff to a stomp switch instead of a pot.

Then again, I wanted to keep it small so I wanted to cut down on the number of knobs, and I like to switch back and forth from square and sin wave. I might even just drop the spacing control all together.

Archived