OFF Topic about Martial arts content.

Wood Chuck

• Members

I'm going to assume no MMA here.

Karate guy {censored}s boxer hard, as long as karate guy can actually handle being hit.

In real life, most people do karate for sport/fitness and aren't any good at actually fighting, because it involves getting hurt. Those guys, even an amateur boxer will wipe the floor with.

• Members
I'm going to assume no MMA here.

Karate guy {censored}s boxer hard, as long as karate guy can actually handle being hit.

In real life, most people do karate for sport/fitness and aren't any good at actually fighting, because it involves getting hurt. Those guys, even an amateur boxer will wipe the floor with.

Street fight the boxer wins. bobbing, weaving, jabbing, feinting!! Poor Karate guy's!:eek:

• Members
Street fight the boxer wins. bobbing, weaving, jabbing, feinting!! Poor Karate guy's!
:eek:

That's a big part of the difference between people who do Karate/martial arts for fitness or sport and those who do it for combat.

I mean it's not like Karate guy is going to just march at the boxer in front stance punching at the chest. Unless he wants to get his ass kicked, I guess.

• Members

'martial arts' is way too vague there icey. And it's impossible to say who would win because what rules are there? Thats like putting a baseball player against a basketball player. Who would win? Impossible to say because theres no such contest.

in a streetfight? Again hard to say. Most fights are won with that lucky punch. I just finished watching a fight on the ufc where this guy threw one overhand right, dead center on his jaw. Knocked the guy to the floor and ended the fight. You never know what might happen. Sure the Bruce Lee's of the world seem unstoppable, but you get caught with just one punch in the right spot, it can knock you out.

• Members
'martial arts' is way too vague there icey. And it's impossible to say who would win because what rules are there? Thats like putting a baseball player against a basketball player. Who would win? Impossible to say because theres no such contest.

in a streetfight? Again hard to say. Most fights are won with that lucky punch. I just finished watching a fight on the ufc where this guy threw one overhand right, dead center on his jaw. Knocked the guy to the floor and ended the fight. You never know what might happen. Sure the Bruce Lee's of the world seem unstoppable, but you get caught with just one punch in the right spot, it can knock you out.

I just think that boxing is not given enough credit as an art where the Martial arts are overated. I watch UFC guys and sure science and technique are there but gimme a Sugar Ray Leonard schooling Hagler any day. The sweet art! My Uncle a pro boxer knocked out 4 street fighters in a bowling alley like not even a sweat. No lucky punch landed that night!:D

• Members

again the difference between a martial artist who does it for the recreation, and the true martial artist who competes.

talk to any MMA fighter and they HATE the boxing vs MMA 'war' thats going on. There 2 different sports that can most definately live in the same world.

• Members
again the difference between a martial artist who does it for the recreation, and the true martial artist who competes.

talk to any MMA fighter and they HATE the boxing vs MMA 'war' thats going on. There 2 different sports that can most definately live in the same world.

:thu:

• Members

i love boxing and the training that is involved, but the only thing bad about it is how professional boxing is run. It's such a joke to watch the Don Kings and other posers act like clowns. I watched the Mayweather fight when he beat Oscar, and it was such a joke. 3 fights.... 1 good one, 1 mediocre one, and 1 horrible one (and go figure the horrible one was the main event). It just wasn't entertaining like it used to. You would used to order a PPV event and you would see a card like this...

bout
bout
womens bout
bout
championship contender bout
championship bout
main event championship bout

back in the days of Holyfield vs Tyson...

UFC cards are kicking the {censored} out of boxing. There 1 ever couple weeks, $40 for most of them (free for about 3 of them a year), and the last one UFC74, was such a kickass card. Every fight was amazing. But to each his own. Boxing needs to regain there big name champions. They need 1 heavyweight champ, not 4 or however many they have right now.... that {censored} is rediculous.

:o

• Members

I would say the martial arts guy would be better equipped to do serious damage, a boxer boxes...punch, punch, punch....martial arts guy will kick, wrestle, flip you over, break your fingers and arm, and then chop you in the wind pipe so you cant breath.

lv-mawashi-empi.jpg

whoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaah!

• Members
I would say the martial arts guy would be better equipped to do serious damage, a boxer boxes...punch, punch, punch....martial arts guy will kick, wrestle, flip you over, break your fingers and arm, and then chop you in the wind pipe so you cant breath.

lv-mawashi-empi.jpg

whoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeyaaaaaaah!

You watch too much late shows! Ali was a black belt. In his prime he would have whooped their arses!

• Members

There is no comparison between true martial arts and boxing. Boxing is a basic form of combat that doesnt have a whole lot of time under its belt in terms of technique development and widespread practice. Kinda like...if I started building guitars tomorrow.....they wouldnt be as good as a Gibson(who has been doing it right for a long time).

Martial arts have been around FOREVER! Boxing is a sport thats a step above street fighting in terms of refinement, and many steps below most forms of matrial arts. It became popular when TV and radio came about to promote it and make it popular. Once people caught on, thats really when people put effort into refining the technique used in boxing(nobody was working to refine boxing before they knew it was out there in the way we know it today).

Nobody has been working on the kind of boxing you see on TV anywhere near as long as martial arts have been around(just like I cant build a guitar like Gibson with my limited amount of practice and experience in comparison).

And as far as fighting inside.....thats all about the style of martial arts were talking about. A capable Muai Thai fighter would demolish a boxer. Boxers aint used to getting grabbed by the back of the head, pressed up on, and getting knees driven into the underside of their ribs as well as getting their shins smashed in. Then theres the elbows to the eye sockets..... Talk about fighting inside. Same with Judo. Lots of flips and rolls and inside stuff that boxers have never been taught to deal with.

Lastly....think about Royce Gracie(pronounced Hoyce). When he stepped into MMA, that sport was filled with street fighters, boxers, and a select few talented striking type of guys. He took the world over cause nobody could handle his kinda martial arts. The sport has changed ever since.

Boxers have two good weapons......a good martial artist has at least four good weapons and he/she can use them in any situation.

And just to clarify....Im not bashing boxing. Boxers are good at what they do(well, the good ones are). I can guarantee that I will see two guys punching each other in a boxing match. Martial artists have a lot more tricks up their sleeves than just punching. Plain and simply put.....boxing is nowhere near as involved, nor has it been refined for anywhere near as long as martial arts. Practice makes perfect.

• Members

I like how people have completely dismissed the boxer. Boxing requires discipline. And a boxer is used to taking punishment. Boxers get the {censored} kicked out of them on a regular basis. A boxer could probably kick the ass of some low level martial artist. That being said, the boxer probably wouldn't stand a chance against Bruce {censored}ing Lee.

This is just like that old, who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman debate. Except not as nerdy.

• Members

Well yeah....a boxer could take a low level martial artist.....assuming he is better than the martial artist. A low level boxer or martial artist could take the general guy on the street.

Watch MMA(UFC or Pride). These guys have ever bit as much conditioning and discipline. They can take a heck of a beating as well. Assuming the top boxer vs the top MMA guy in a no holds barred match(where you can utilize any and all of your talent)........the boxer doesnt win unless he knows how to do a lot more than box(meaning....he has more than just boxing training and he is good at it).

Watching somebodies hands is a hard habbit to break. Boxers spend their fight trying to be one step ahead of the opponents next punch....and then counter with something better(at the very least, defent). So they are real capable of watching their opponents hands....but that aint a good habbit when your fighting an MMA. Get too caught up looking your opponent in the eye or watching his hands and a kick will hit you somewhere before you know its on the way

Archived