EBAY help - what should i do???

5macca

• Members

hi...

i won an auction on ebay a week ago now...

straight after the auction ended.. the seller sent me an invoice with the total...

it was stated in the auction that they would be happy to add insurance to the total if the winner would like it, and to email them if thats the case...

i have sent the seller 2 emails and 2 msg's thru ebay asking for insurance to be added to total and for a new invoice...

i havent recieved 1 reply... not even to say "ive got your msgs"...

this is incredibly frustrating....

what should i do???

do i pay up with the invoice ive been sent (minus the insurance that im after)...

or do i wait and hope that i get a reply... it has been 8 days now...

?????

the seller has 99% positive feedback and im 100%...

this is driving me nuts....

• Members

Get his contact information from ebay and call him. At this point though, I'd be hesitant to send any money. Maybe one more email that says if I don't get a response in 24 hours I'll assume you don't want to sell the item and consider the deal void.

• Members

wait...I know it's annoying but, if they offered insurance and you want it then you are entitled to have it. If they had the extra amount listed in the listing, you might try altering the amount for postage in the checkout... you might not need another invoice, if it was listed in the shipping options then you just change the shipping option in the 'checkout'

actually i'm not sure you can send 2 invoices for the same thing......????

forget the invoice go into 'my ebay' and use the standard checkout options and see what shipping options are there.....I can't remember the last time I actually got an invoice before I had paid!! I tend to use the invoice as a 'reminder' after a few days.

• Members

yeh... its just that after a week, you'd think you would get some sort of reply to your questions..
i dont feel all that good bout shipping a guitar from the other side of the world without insurance...
there is a listing for int'l insurance, which is US$2.30...
that seems a little light to me.. and considering the quoted int'l shipping on the page was also wrong... ive asked about it, and no response...
:mad:

• Members

Get his contact information from ebay and call him. At this point though, I'd be hesitant to send any money. Maybe one more email that says if I don't get a response in 24 hours I'll assume you don't want to sell the item and consider the deal void.

I agree - I wouldn't send money if they don't respond to any messages. Do get their contact info (if you don't know how to do this you can find instructions on how to do this on ebay's site map page).

Good luck!

• Members

Why pay for insurance? If it doesn't arrive safely then contest with Paypal. Insurance is for their protection and they get the payment if there is a claim.

I agree. Charging the seller to protect an item's safe delivery (the seller's responsibility) is a scam. Pay him through Paypal without any insurance and if it arrives damaged, HE'S screwed not you. He can try explaining to Paypal how you refused insurance fees after they chargeback his ass.

• Members
I agree. Charging the seller to protect an item's safe delivery (the seller's responsibility) is a scam. Pay him through Paypal without any insurance and if it arrives damaged, HE'S screwed not you. He can try explaining to Paypal how you refused insurance fees after they chargeback his ass.

Right - it's the SELLERS fault if UPS drives over a well packaged guitar, amp, etc. :confused: Granted a lot of sellers pack like crap but coming from someone who packages things really well it's not always possible to avoid shipping damage.

• Members

i sent the seller another email last night...
and ive been in touch with another buyer who bought a guitar of the seller the same day i did...
he had tried msg'ing the seller also with no luck... but,
late last night he sent me a msg saying the seller has contacted him...
apparently his dad had a heart attack!!
i feel like a bit of a dick now...
but i still havent recieved any replies to my msg's...
hhhmmmmm
:confused:

Archived