How's the new Minus The Bear record?

Loobster

• Members

It's so different. Do not pick it up and listen to it to compare it to any of their old stuff but definitey pick it up, of course. There was already a mini-argument about this in another thread - I came off too strong by saying it was terrible but really it's just extremely different and not as listenable for me personally, although some tracks (burying luck & throwin' shapes, namely) are amazingly well put together and very listenable. I also see a TON of floyd influence in POI, which is good yes but so very different...

• Members

its by no means a bad record. there are some great tracks on there, white mystery, lotus and knights being some of my favs.

its just not as cohesive as a record as past outings. lots of hog on there too.

Review sums it up terrible. As soon as it said "by downplaying their incredible and wonderful guitar interplay" I should have stopped reading, since Planet of Ice is smoothered in "guitar Interplay," but I got far enough to him finish his bitch about how it wasn't them repeating themselves.

Anyway, glad you decied to check it out. One of my pet-peeves is when bands keep using the same formula, which is one reason I loose interest in classic rock bands reuniting and writing new songs, cause the songs ain't new, if you get what I mean.

I think this album fits in perfectly with the other albums and isn't better or worse, they all have their own sound, yet all sound like Minus the Bear, and are all equally awesome IMO.

Archived