of todays pedals, which are the most likely to become vintage

barneyc4

• Members

What does that mean? How can anything become vintage in 3-10 years? I can't think of anything that qualifies as being "vintage" that's been made in the last 3-10 years....

I think I know what you are implying... if you mean, which pedals are likely to become collector's items and/or highly sought after, I would say anything that some of the major boutique players discontinue... You may mean this in the sense of going by way of Way Huge..

• Members

What does that mean? How can anything become vintage in 3-10 years? I can't think of anything that qualifies as being "vintage" that's been made in the last 3-10 years....

I think I know what you are implying... if you mean, which pedals are likely to become collector's items and/or highly sought after, I would say anything that some of the major boutique players discontinue... You may mean this in the sense of going by way of Way Huge..

Yeah, I mean something like that. you nailed it.

• Members

Yamaha Magicstomp is on it's way. It's digital, true, but it does all kinds of crazy {censored} that nothing else in it's class (or size) can come close to. For a pedal that's smaller than a big muff, it does more than I think anyone could guess.

Also, Fuzz Factory, if Zvex ever tanks (I doubt it will be discontinued for as long as the company lasts)

• Members

I think the days of that even being able to happen are fading fast. The internet ubiquity has expanded the ranks of pedalgeekdom many fold, and with so many commercial builders and DIY'ers out there, I just don't think pedals are going to become collectible the way they used to. If I had to go out on a limb and absolutely pick something, I'd say stuff along the lines of Lovetone. Things with very, very complicated designs and high-quality sound. Something hard to reproduce.

Now, there are some things that are going to keep going up in value A LOT.

NOS tubes! Last I checked, they're not making any more of these. And unlike guitars, pedals, and amps, they wear out. Over the last 7-15 years, I bet the market for NOS audio tubes has outpaced the stock market by several hundred percent.

• Members

ive heard this too, do you have any more information? id like to buy pedals that i can sell for close to what i pay, i always get em used. im sure the re-20 will hold value on ebay.

i dont know too much. just heard they are only making a small run of them. expensive to make aparantly. prob just BOSS BS. trying to get you to buy a pedal because they dont make many. that being said its an amazing unit IMO.

Archived