DOD FX75B Flanger

killyridols

• Members

I think this is what the BYOC flanger is based on....or is it the c model?

purty good flanger.

the byoc flanger isn't actually based upon any one specific circuit. It is a conglomerate of different circuits to produce a flanger that can get everything from the A/DA to the FX75C.

Most people don't like the FX75 series. They aren't very the best at getting warm lush vintage flanging sounds. But they are pretty good at making weird noises. The B is IMO the best of the FX75's at getting "vintage" flanging. And it's stereo too. I got the B when I was about 16 or 17. It was my first flanger pedal. I thought it was cool at the time, but what did I know then. Then it sat in the closet for about a decade and when I played it again, I thought it sounded aweful. But I tweeked the internal trimpots a little and it came to life. I think if you can pick one up cheap you should. But if you've already got the BF-2, I think you should go for the FX75C. You'll cover more ground. They are very cheap too.

• Members

My 1st flanger was the FX 75b and I really like it. When it broke I bought another. I now have a PDS 20/20 that can do the same thing so I sold it. I had bought an FX 75c after reading some reviews, but its nothing like the 75b. Its warmer and less metallic. Its kind of like tom morellos ibanez flanger, that really vocal sound. I sold it pretty quick since my PDS 20/20 can cover that too. I just picked up an FX 747 thinking it was going to live up to its 'super sonic' name but no way, not IMO. Its like the 75c pretty much, with a bit better range. Out of the 3 DOD flangers I like the B model the most, but I will stay with my ibanez classic flange.

• Members

the byoc flanger isn't actually based upon any one specific circuit. It is a conglomerate of different circuits to produce a flanger that can get everything from the A/DA to the FX75C.

Most people don't like the FX75 series. They aren't very the best at getting warm lush vintage flanging sounds. But they are pretty good at making weird noises. The B is IMO the best of the FX75's at getting "vintage" flanging. And it's stereo too. I got the B when I was about 16 or 17. It was my first flanger pedal. I thought it was cool at the time, but what did I know then. Then it sat in the closet for about a decade and when I played it again, I thought it sounded aweful. But I tweeked the internal trimpots a little and it came to life. I think if you can pick one up cheap you should. But if you've already got the BF-2, I think you should go for the FX75C. You'll cover more ground. They are very cheap too.

Sounds cool, I like weird noises. I could really care less about "vintage" flanging. Anyways, I can ape the van halen style jet plane sound with my bf-2 anyways. I was just wondering if the dod can make otherworldy noises that the boss cant.

Archived