Ever feel like no one listens to your music but you?

EvilSoup

• Members

I have some really great stuff I'm proud of but everyone just either doesn't get it or doesn't take the time to listen to it.

I'm not crazy am I?

I put up a

with one of my songs and synced it to some space photos.

All of the views are from me though.

It would be good if someone would rate it high for me and favorite it or something. :freak:

I mean, it really discourages me and makes me not to write music as much. :(

• Members

I get that feeling about my music, but I just keep plugging along. I like it. I might be the only one, but who really gives a {censored}. If you made {censored} everyone wanted to listen to, it'd probably suck. My music sucks, but, uh.. what was my point again? I'm thinking about adding some of my nasely vocals to my tracks with the {censored}ty lyrics I wrote and a drum track that screams simplistic, but I haven't got around to finishing it, yet.

• Members

i'll be honest. i think people playing guitar into a webcam is pretty lame. i haven't viewed your link, so if that's not what it is then i apologise. i'm not having a go at you, i'm just explaining why i don't click on these kind of links.

i tend to only really listen to things if it's a link to a band. some dude wanking over his fretboard and/or new fuzz pedal just doesn't excite me, and that's what most of the links here seems to be based around.

• Members
i'll be honest. i think people playing guitar into a webcam is pretty lame. i haven't viewed your link, so if that's not what it is then i apologise. i'm not having a go at you, i'm just explaining why i don't click on these kind of links.

i tend to only really listen to things if it's a link to a band. some dude wanking over his fretboard and/or new fuzz pedal just doesn't excite me, and that's what most of the links here seems to be based around.

No, I think that is one of the great tragedy's of Youtube as well.

It's just of a composition I made a while ago that is very uniquely ambient, it isn't like anything else I've heard at least.

I put it on Youtube in a attempt to get more people to listen to it,

as I tried posting it on here and it just sunk like a rock.

You post a pedal clip and everyone looks, you post some actual music made with pedals and no one even cares. :blah:

• Members

+19

• Members
You post a pedal clip and everyone looks, you post some actual music made with pedals and no one even cares.
:blah:

we can judge a pedal by our taste not to the player who recorded it but the pedal itself
we also discuss all the bands on the market
but its hard to criticize a forumite's work/music imho

• Members

I'm gonna be a hardass, and say that evilsoup is just a friggin' whiner. If you want people to listen to your music, join a band and play shows. It's true that some people get noticed on the internet these days, but if attention is what you want, live music is where it's at. Trust me, after you play a couple shows, get the crowd rockin' out to your music, having everyone come up trying to be your friend afterwards; after that, you don't give a crap what a bunch of internet geeks like us think.

Anyway, I listened to some of the {censored} on your myspace. Sounds like you have some talent, especially as a producer. However, it's a bit canned sounding... like music written for a puzzle game or something.

• Members

I found it relaxing. Were you using a whammy in the loop of a delay or something? Pretty trippy.

I've had some of my music licensed for use in television. It's a different kind of experience to hear something you wrote used in a context that you never considered. All I can tell you is that if you do it for the love of doing it...and for what it means to you...eventually you can and will develop an audience.

Mine is small in the grand scheme of things, but I am most appreciative for the opportunity to blast ideas out into space and have folks listen to them.

www.myspace.com/blackbirdsymphonique

Archived