Frequency modulation pedal

KennethNishimot

• Members

Alright, for those unfamiliar with synthesizer modules, Frequency modulation is essentially extremely, extremely fast vibrato, to the point that instead of hearing a cyclical change in pitch, the listener actually discerns a noticeable change in timbre to the sound source being vibrato-ed.

Alright, now this is what I want to know

Are there any vibrato/other pedals out there that can go fast enough to allow me to perform frequency modulation, using a guitar as the input signal, or am I SOL?

:thu::thu::thu::thu:

• Members

The closest thing you're gonna get to that is a ring modulator. The vibrato on my clone theory goes pretty fast, but not that fast.

There are some tremolos and phasers that get into that range that I can think of. The Pulsar tremolo will modulate so fast that that starts to happen, and so does the polyphase.

• Members

The closest thing you're gonna get to that is a ring modulator. The vibrato on my clone theory goes pretty fast, but not that fast.

There are some tremolos and phasers that get into that range that I can think of. The Pulsar tremolo will modulate so fast that that starts to happen, and so does the polyphase.

Do anybody have clips of either of those in the extreme modulation settings?

:):):):)

Archived